What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today we made broth with the carcass of our smoked Christmas turkey and canned 6-1/2 pints of it.

Drove over Deception Pass to go to church today.

This morning I booked airfare and the AirBnb for our annual trip to Puerto Rico. We go for a week in February just to laze on a the beach and get out of the cold weather.

Then it was off to play pickleball for three hours. It was quite crowded when we got there so we had to wait between games, but it cleared out for the last hour or so and we got a lot of games in. We are getting better, but still have a long way to go.

The rest of the day will be some yoga, paying bills, and just puttering around the house listening to the rain. There will be football on tv and a jigsaw puzzle in progress -- such an exciting NYE for us!

Poor planning on my part meant I had to make a grocery run today, along with everyone else in the neighborhood - had to wait 5 minutes for a parking place in the back of the lot. What a zoo! DD is going through boxes of her stuff that have been in our garage closet since we moved almost 9 years ago (while she was in college). Most has gone in the trash or will go to Goodwill - as I expected, she was really surprised by some of the stuff she had kept. One box will stay here and another box will go back with her. Very happy to have that finally done!

Jigsaw puzzle is in progress and will try to fit in a game or two also. Fixing posole for dinner, then will sip some bubbly with dessert and enjoy a quiet evening working the puzzle and watching football and the ball drop (DD and her girlfriend are going out after dinner).

Wonderful day, great ending to the year. Starting snowing when we woke up, still snowing. The forecast changed, now it's 1-2 feet by tomorrow night.

I cleaned off the driveway this morning and probably should go blow it again before dark.

We went out to our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch, picked up some supplies and came home for a walk. Beautiful, but we could have gone snowshoeing instead, a little deep for boots and jeans. Came home and ordered some snowbritches for DW and me.

Our male Maltese is not happy. The snow out back is much deeper than his male parts are off the ground. He doesn't want to go out. He did this last week and then had to wake me up at 3AM to go out.

Tonight we are watching it snow, it's neat to watch when a tree drops it's payload. 20181231_134200.jpeg

I went the see Mary Poppins Returns (for the second time). I lost my mother 2 months ago and the story touched me deeply because the children have just lost their mother. The song, "The Place Where the Lost Things Go" had me in tears.

It was actually even better the second time. This is going to be one of my favorites.

https://youtu.be/6TFOZF0DokE

I went the see Mary Poppins Returns (for the second time). I lost my mother 2 months ago and the story touched me deeply because the children have just lost their mother. The song, "The Place Where the Lost Things Go" had me in tears.

It was actually even better the second time. This is going to be one of my favorites.

https://youtu.be/6TFOZF0DokE

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I saw Mary Poppins Returns with an 11-year-old last week, and she emphatically declared it to be "much better than the first one!"

I need to rewatch the original; it has been too many years since I've seen it.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I saw Mary Poppins Returns with an 11-year-old last week, and she emphatically declared it to be "much better than the first one!"

I need to rewatch the original; it has been too many years since I've seen it.

The touches back to the original Mary Poppins movie were wonderful and an OMG! came out of my mouth when 'you know who' shows up in the last bank scene. But I was also impressed with the touches of modernity for today's kids such as the bicycle tricks and the bikes riding on something resembling a half pipe.

The scene where the children and Mary are getting chewed out by Michael and then the kids sing a part of this song to him had me in tears (again). Michael then comments that their mother lives on in one child's eyes and in one child's walk. This scene reminded me that half my DNA is from my mother so she is always with me!

Mary Poppins Returns is a treasure.

The touches back to the original Mary Poppins movie were wonderful and an OMG! came out of my mouth when 'you know who' shows up in the last bank scene. But I was also impressed with the touches of modernity for today's kids such as the bicycle tricks and the bikes riding on something resembling a half pipe.

The scene where the children and Mary are getting chewed out by Michael and then the kids sing a part of this song to him had me in tears (again). Michael then comments that their mother lives on in one child's eyes and in one child's walk. This scene reminded me that half my DNA is from my mother so she is always with me!

Mary Poppins Returns is a treasure.

I agree it is a treasure! I had heard rumors of "a cameo appearance" so was not completely taken by surprise, but I liked the way they handled it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom