Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 02:51 PM   #2481
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Wonderful day, great ending to the year. Starting snowing when we woke up, still snowing. The forecast changed, now it's 1-2 feet by tomorrow night.

I cleaned off the driveway this morning and probably should go blow it again before dark.

We went out to our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch, picked up some supplies and came home for a walk. Beautiful, but we could have gone snowshoeing instead, a little deep for boots and jeans. Came home and ordered some snowbritches for DW and me.

Our male Maltese is not happy. The snow out back is much deeper than his male parts are off the ground. He doesn't want to go out. He did this last week and then had to wake me up at 3AM to go out.

Tonight we are watching it snow, it's neat to watch when a tree drops it's payload. 20181231_134200.jpeg

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2018, 04:27 PM   #2482
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I went the see Mary Poppins Returns (for the second time). I lost my mother 2 months ago and the story touched me deeply because the children have just lost their mother. The song, "The Place Where the Lost Things Go" had me in tears.

It was actually even better the second time. This is going to be one of my favorites.

https://youtu.be/6TFOZF0DokE

Old 12-31-2018, 04:35 PM   #2483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
I went the see Mary Poppins Returns (for the second time). I lost my mother 2 months ago and the story touched me deeply because the children have just lost their mother. The song, "The Place Where the Lost Things Go" had me in tears.

It was actually even better the second time. This is going to be one of my favorites.

https://youtu.be/6TFOZF0DokE
I'm very sorry for your loss.

I saw Mary Poppins Returns with an 11-year-old last week, and she emphatically declared it to be "much better than the first one!"

I need to rewatch the original; it has been too many years since I've seen it.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:11 PM   #2484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss.

I saw Mary Poppins Returns with an 11-year-old last week, and she emphatically declared it to be "much better than the first one!"

I need to rewatch the original; it has been too many years since I've seen it.
The touches back to the original Mary Poppins movie were wonderful and an OMG! came out of my mouth when 'you know who' shows up in the last bank scene. But I was also impressed with the touches of modernity for today's kids such as the bicycle tricks and the bikes riding on something resembling a half pipe.

The scene where the children and Mary are getting chewed out by Michael and then the kids sing a part of this song to him had me in tears (again). Michael then comments that their mother lives on in one child's eyes and in one child's walk. This scene reminded me that half my DNA is from my mother so she is always with me!

Mary Poppins Returns is a treasure.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:41 PM   #2485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
The touches back to the original Mary Poppins movie were wonderful and an OMG! came out of my mouth when 'you know who' shows up in the last bank scene. But I was also impressed with the touches of modernity for today's kids such as the bicycle tricks and the bikes riding on something resembling a half pipe.

The scene where the children and Mary are getting chewed out by Michael and then the kids sing a part of this song to him had me in tears (again). Michael then comments that their mother lives on in one child's eyes and in one child's walk. This scene reminded me that half my DNA is from my mother so she is always with me!

Mary Poppins Returns is a treasure.
I agree it is a treasure! I had heard rumors of "a cameo appearance" so was not completely taken by surprise, but I liked the way they handled it!