What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for a quick, pre-lunch shore fishing trip just as a big storm came in. Rain, wind, cold. My hands were freezing. But I caught two big and one small Rainbow. Broke the fish-catching drought I've had since December.

Went skating on the river today with my new GF...the groomed trail is about 10kms long but we only went about 3k out and then headed back. I've lived here my entire life and have never skated on the river so I'm glad that we went. It's warming up and some access points have closed so the trail will probably be shut down within a week.

Went skating on the river today with my new GF...the groomed trail is about 10kms long but we only went about 3k out and then headed back. I've lived here my entire life and have never skated on the river so I'm glad that we went. It's warming up and some access points have closed so the trail will probably be shut down within a week.

Spring is in the air! ❤️❤️
Congratulations on the new GF!
I can’t believe you never skated on the Assiniboine before. I used to do it regularly although I am a terrible skater.

Spring is in the air! ❤️❤️
Congratulations on the new GF!
I can’t believe you never skated on the Assiniboine before. I used to do it regularly although I am a terrible skater.

Not the Assiniboine...we started at the Forks and skated on the Red. I hadn't skated since 1997 when I tore my ACL, MCL, and meniscus (all in one shot). I quit playing hockey for a year to recover and never got back into it. I've actually never skated anywhere other than a hockey rink, so this was new to me :)

When we were in Amsterdam last year I bought a package of tulip bulbs (they had a special section of bulbs that were legal to export to North America) and planted them in the front yard last year. They are starting to come up now and for some reason I get a big kick out of that.

I passed my flight physical today, so I am good for another 2 years.:dance:
I will be 80 in May, and plan to join the UFO (United Flying Octogenarians)
I also have booked a flight a P-51 so I can fly it as a birthday present to myself

When we were in Amsterdam last year I bought a package of tulip bulbs (they had a special section of bulbs that were legal to export to North America) and planted them in the front yard last year. They are starting to come up now and for some reason I get a big kick out of that.

Those bulbs are worth a ton of money. I wouldn’t plant them, I’d trade them for big profits.

Those bulbs are worth a ton of money. I wouldn’t plant them, I’d trade them for big profits.

Buy them now with Bitcoins! The South Sea Company is running a special.

No room in my house for tulips. It's already full of beanie babies, baseball cards and lunch boxes.

Made a bracket so I can hang my new 12 inch miter saw on the wall in the garage saving valuable floor and shelf space.

The last IC I need for the RV BMS project arrived from China. Back to the soldering iron I go.

The last IC I need for the RV BMS project arrived from China. Back to the soldering iron I go.
C'mon, you are teasing us. We need to know more about this project.

I asked the DW what she wanted for her birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. She said "a new washer and dryer". They will be delivered tomorrow.

C'mon, you are teasing us. We need to know more about this project.

I will, I will.

Still practicing my soldering skills. I am proud of my hardware/firmware design, but my construction talent is nothing like that MajorTom has posted before: parts laid out nice and neat, wires running in straight lines and bundled up tidily.

For work, I would do a PCB myself, or have another guy do that. The rat nests that I built for prototyping for work were never for "final consumption", but now it is the final product. And I am not proud of it. Not at all photogenic.

Maybe I can describe it in more abstract form, but you know I am the guy who has posted more photos than most. I like to post photos, but only what I consider purdy.

Please be patient...

I asked the DW what she wanted for her birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. She said "a new washer and dryer". They will be delivered tomorrow.

What kind did you get, and how did you choose a brand and model from the many available? I am really happy with my LG top loading He washer and dryer that I got when I moved, back in 2015.

Yesterday, the young wife and I went into NYC for dinner with some friends. We walked the High Line for a while before dinner. Despite having spent every day in NYC for years, this was a first for me. We really enjoyed the walk (and the dinner after). The downside is that we didn't get back home until 2am, so I'm dragging today.

I'm doing paperwork stuff today.

I got my renewal notice for SiriusXM - $228.55 for the next year. Called to cancel. First offer was about $125. No thanks. Next offer was $75. I decided to take that one. I don't have much in the way of over the air out here in the boonies. I sure don't like their games though.

I got a denial on a doctor's bill through Humana. After spending about 10 minutes on their phone menu, their menu system told me to call back during regular hours. It didn't bother to tell me what those hours were. :facepalm:

Started to do my taxes and found that I don't have one of the 1099s from MegaCorp. I had three, needed four. I tried to log in to their system and managed to get locked out. That is another call during business hours.

I did manage to make a reservation to my favorite charity's annual dinner and silent auction. Also made a reservation for the night at the Great Wolf Lodge where it will be held. $166 for the night including taxes is pretty good at that place. :) I have never been in a Great Wolf Lodge so it should be fun.

Time to balance credit card and checking accounts. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom