What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
New goggles for skiing last weekend. Things cleared up a lot when I took the plastic film off the lens. :facepalm:

We had had our stainless steel dishwasher for over a year when I noticed what i thought was a scratch in the face of it.... I sat down on the floor to try to see if it was a gouge or just a blemish that I could rub away.... it looked more like a gouge so I kept working at it.... turns out that we never took the plastic film off the face of the dishwasher! :facepalm:

Other than roasting a 9 lb. chicken in the oven we're not doing a doggone thing today.

we never took the plastic film off the face of the dishwasher! :facepalm:

I don't know when the previous owner of our condo had it installed, but DW just noticed and removed it from ours last week, and we've lived here over two years. :facepalm: :facepalm:

I don't know when the previous owner of our condo had it installed, but DW just noticed and removed it from ours last week, and we've lived here over two years. :facepalm: :facepalm:
I've seen Amazon reviews where people complain about not being able to see through a face shield or similar and others explaining that it has a plastic protective sheet. Duh....:facepalm:

I drove into town for lunch. When I returned home and pulled into the driveway, this was my welcoming committee...

Attachments

• Welcoming committee.jpg
    Welcoming committee.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 50
I got worked over from head to toe today! :LOL:

Root canal last week and the tooth prepped for a crown today.

Then to the urgent care clinic to have a toe nail down-sized and the ingrown nail portion removed. Both people doing the procedure gasped when they saw how far down in my toe that thing was. I guess I shouldn't have waited so long. :blush: If things work out right, the nail bed was also removed and the nail will not grow down so far in the future. (This is another story of getting old not being for sissies.)

I installed a new range and dishwasher today. A nightmare, but all's well that end's well.

Home Depot had said they'd install the range, but no go. So, at that point, I could make an appointment to have someone come, perhaps a delay of weeks, or do it myself.

Poorly written instructions were annoying, and the conversion of the range from natural gas to propane was tedious and tricky.

Two 50 mile (RT) trips to the hardware store, because the appliances don't include the adapters that are necessary.

The gas company is going to check my work tomorrow.

We had had our stainless steel dishwasher for over a year when I noticed what i thought was a scratch in the face of it.... I sat down on the floor to try to see if it was a gouge or just a blemish that I could rub away.... it looked more like a gouge so I kept working at it.... turns out that we never took the plastic film off the face of the dishwasher! :facepalm:

Exactly the same thing happened to me today with our new dishwasher! I was just ready to call the store, when I realized the dotted line across the front was part of the plastic film.

So, I pulled off the film and got an early start on putting fingerprints on it.

We finished watching the 2016 Summer Olympics. Wow, Usain Bolt sure can run fast.

Yesterday I received a package sent to our address but not to us. This happened about a month ago for the same person.

I found her and brought that package to her. I mentioned she needed to ensure her sender had the correct address. Called yesterday and left another message, she never called back.

Today I took it to the UPS store, they can't help other than giving me UPS customer service. After 15 minutes with the VRU an agent tells me they'll pick up the lady's package. I'm trying to figure out how to stop her sending me her stuff and never get a good answer.

I finally told the UPS guy, her next packages are going in the trash! I'm done fixing someone else's screwup! I guess if her packages don't get delivered she'll figure out the problem.

Yesterday I received a package sent to our address but not to us. This happened about a month ago for the same person.

I found her and brought that package to her. I mentioned she needed to ensure her sender had the correct address. Called yesterday and left another message, she never called back.

Today I took it to the UPS store, they can't help other than giving me UPS customer service. After 15 minutes with the VRU an agent tells me they'll pick up the lady's package. I'm trying to figure out how to stop her sending me her stuff and never get a good answer.

I finally told the UPS guy, her next packages are going in the trash! I'm done fixing someone else's screwup! I guess if her packages don't get delivered she'll figure out the problem.

Did you open the package to see what it was? If she's not responding it could be because the contents aren't legal.

Did you open the package to see what it was? If she's not responding it could be because the contents aren't legal.
We accidentally opened the first package, antique(1930's) women's hat's! The lady has a vintage boutique store in town.

I didn't mind taking the first package to her, but after explaining what she needs to do and her not doing it, well I'm over it. When she gets put out a some I'm hoping she takes care of her issue.

Totally agree. It's one thing to be a good neighbor, and another to have to spend your time and effort "cleaning up" after someone who can't be bothered to put down the correct address.

Comcast recently screwed up an order and shipped me a big box containing (I assume) a DVR or cable box. I tossed it in my garage.

A month later Comcast sends me a letter saying I need to return it to them. I called them up and said "It's your mistake. Either send one of your people to pick it up or have UPS come and pick it up. But, if you want me to bring it to UPS, I want a $10 credit on my bill for wasting my time helping you correct your mistake."

Regarding UPS deliveries, my daughter had a delivery stolen from her front porch. Someone exposed themselves to a lot of risk for a package of protein powder and some shampoo!

Yesterday the delivery guy brought a package that was supposed to have a new Roomba battery. It was empty and had been opened. He took it back.

The day after appliance installation day, I'm surprised to find that I'm really sore. I probably sat on the floor and got up about one-hundred times, so I understand the legs. I guess my other parts are sore from scrunching into uncomfortable positions.

I'm more sore than I am after Bowflex workouts!

Gas guy came: no leaks.

[WHINE]We are under a "boil water advisory" due to extremely low water pressure which is due to several days of unusual freezing weather and many large and small leaks resulting in the pipes around town plus people running their water to keep their pipes from freezing. Some parts of town cannot even flush their toilets or take a shower. I was surprised at how low the water pressure was when I showered (briefly! to conserve water during this crisis, and not allowing any water in my mouth or nose). And to top it off, some parts of town have no electricity or cable internet, although I'm not sure why. So far so good at my house, other than no potable water.

Luckily I still had 5 gallons of bottled water (well, yesterday, 4.5 gallons today) left over from hurricane season. My stomach feels a little "iffy", probably because "no name" rather iffy looking bottled water was all we could find as Hurricane Nate approached in early October. Hint to self: next time buy good, brand name bottled water before the hurricanes get started in earnest.

All the schools and public buildings are still closed, even though temperatures are in the mid 50's Fahrenheit out there right now. But with no bathroom facilities available, they are closed. At the airport yesterday everyone had to use port-a-potties and the tourists did not like that.

At least most of the snow and ice is melted. Pretty soon we will go out to lunch; very hot pizza and diet Coke in cans with no ice sounds prudent under the circumstances. I just want to go to sleep and wake up to find all of this is a bad dream and I am living back in civilized America again. [/WHINE]

Last edited:
See, it you had a well instead of depending on city water you wouldn't have to worry about boiling it! :D

Kidding aside, what a PITA. I heard where Galveston had a similar problem and had implemented stage 4 water restrictions due to massive system leaks.

See, it you had a well instead of depending on city water you wouldn't have to worry about boiling it! :D

Kidding aside, what a PITA. I heard where Galveston had a similar problem and had implemented stage 4 water restrictions due to massive system leaks.

You're right! I (almost) wish I had well water right now.

I don't know what stage 4 is, but I'll google it. It sounds pretty awful. I feel like we are on stage 95 misery levels here already.

Edited to add: Here's what stage 4 is in Galveston:
http://www.fox26houston.com/news/galveston-asks-residents-to-conserve-water-amid-unprecedented-leaks
I got a kick out of them saying they'd levy fines for those who wash their cars, irrigate their gardens, or wash buildings or driveways with potable water. WHAT potable water? :ROFLMAO: No danger of that happening, at least around here because we have no potable water. Under the circumstances, they are no more restricted than we are.

Some people don't have leftover bottled water from hurricane season like we do. They are having a rough time, and joking about drinking nothing but beer and wine instead of water. At least I hope they are joking! :LOL:

Breaking news: Just saw this. Parish (=County) officials are claiming our water pressure is back to normal, and that they are testing water at 75 homes to see if it is potable. They restored toilet facilities to the airport so the tourists are happy. I never lost mine entirely although it didn't seem quite up to par. Officials say maybe the boil water advisory will be lifted tomorrow night. I am skeptical and still discouraged and mad and miserable but just like the Great Depression, "this too shall pass".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom