Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 07:59 AM   #561
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnplunder View Post
I bought my house new 20 years ago. It came with the inside walls of garage unpainted which I finally painted it today. What made me painted after so many years? I had enough leftover paint from re-painting the external house walls.
I'm going to be doing that this spring - but only to sell the house. Garage walls last painted in 1960 when the house was built. 1960's pastel blue right now, on half-swirl plaster walls, and even the ceiling. Millenials would run screaming.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #562
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Held a yard sale yesterday. Lots of stuff no longer our problem! We averaged $65/hour! A few things packed back into bins to hang in garage until our neighbor hosts a neighborhood yard sale in a couple months. Bonus - one customer works at the dog rescue I had been collecting towels & bedding for - took the entire load back to work! No longer in our house! Yay!
Old 03-25-2019, 10:50 AM   #563
Moderator Emeritus

Went house shopping. Developed 3 options for getting down to one house. DW and I are not agreeing on house, location, or plan of attack.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:12 AM   #564
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post

I'm really impressed with the helicopter crews. The local paper interviewed one of the pilots. She said she just flew back and forth as fast as possible and focused so hard on the job that time stood still...
I am also impressed that they could airlift so many passengers.

Headline on another article: "Norway wants to know why cruise ship sailed in stormy weather, forcing air evacuation".

Well, the cruise line has to make a living, rain or shine.

See: https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...er/3265772002/.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 03-25-2019, 11:16 AM   #565
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
Went house shopping. Developed 3 options for getting down to one house. DW and I are not agreeing on house, location, or plan of attack.
Sounds like you have an agreed upon starting point..
Old 03-25-2019, 02:40 PM   #566
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post

... so what's new?

Made a doorknob of a cabinet sitting in my garage. I didn't want to buy the doorknobs - hassle to drive to Home Depot and back just for a doorknob. I looked around my house to find old ones I can salvage but didn't find any. In the end, I used two wine corks, screwed them on the door. They look nice.

Oh, yeah, painted the cabinet, too.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:12 AM   #567
Give me a forum ...

Haven't done it yet, (or perhaps it hasn't done me), but I have an 08:00 a.m. appointment for a Cystoscopy at a hospital about 20 miles from here.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Old 03-26-2019, 03:57 AM   #568
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo2 View Post
Haven't done it yet, (or perhaps it hasn't done me), but I have an 08:00 a.m. appointment for a Cystoscopy at a hospital about 20 miles from here.
Good luck.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:49 AM   #569
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Good luck.
^ What he said.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:56 AM   #570
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Just had one last week. Good luck, it is an easy test to pass.[emoji23]
Old 03-26-2019, 08:02 AM   #571
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Yesterday something we'd been hoping would happen for more than 20 years finally came to pass. We had reliable, high speed, uncapped, reasonably priced, fiber internet service installed at the house. Instead of seeing our download speeds slow to 1-2 Mbps during peak Netflix hour last evening, we continued to get a solid 50 Mbps.

Life is good...
Old 03-26-2019, 08:20 AM   #572
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG View Post
Just had one last week. Good luck, it is an easy test to pass.[emoji23]
Still have an infection....back on antibiotics.....possibly/probably caused by large kidney stones in each kidney...first side, (8mm), will be addressed April 08....(won't do both sides at the same time in case of problems).

Back to the local hospital....blood tests/urine tests/EKG.

I used to be smug about not having doctor's appointments.....now I'm becoming the 'regular' that sits in the corner mumbling to himself.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:30 AM   #573
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Still have an infection....back on antibiotics.....possibly/probably caused by large kidney stones in each kidney...first side, (8mm), will be addressed April 08....(won't do both sides at the same time in case of problems)...
Kidney stones are no fun. Good luck to you.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 03-26-2019, 11:27 AM   #574
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Quote:
Still have an infection....back on antibiotics.....possibly/probably caused by large kidney stones in each kidney...first side, (8mm), will be addressed April 08....(won't do both sides at the same time in case of problems).

Back to the local hospital....blood tests/urine tests/EKG.

I used to be smug about not having doctor's appointments.....now I'm becoming the 'regular' that sits in the corner mumbling to himself.
Drat! I hope all goes well. None of us would want to have kidney stones at all, much less in each kidney.

I'm having routine lab tests done today and frankly I hate even getting those done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Yesterday something we'd been hoping would happen for more than 20 years finally came to pass. We had reliable, high speed, uncapped, reasonably priced, fiber internet service installed at the house. Instead of seeing our download speeds slow to 1-2 Mbps during peak Netflix hour last evening, we continued to get a solid 50 Mbps.

Life is good...
Hot dog!!! AT LAST you have decent internet. You sure have been waiting long enough.

They have been promising us fiber for at least 10 years that I know of, and tearing up the street and sidewalk through the neighborhoods to prepare for it, but so far absolutely nothing. They just advertise that it's coming soon, as they have for years. I guess promises are cheap.

Our regular Cox cable has gotten a lot better in the meantime, probably due to possible future competition. Just checked and it is 118 Mbps right now as I type this, although it's advertised as "up to 100 Mbps" for my midlevel internet. Now, if only it didn't go down quite so often. I know, I know, never satisfied, right?
Old 03-26-2019, 12:23 PM   #575
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I'm having routine lab tests done today and frankly I hate even getting those done.
Enjoy! I said to DW that I'm such a fixture at Dr.'s offices and hospitals now that I'll likely be getting Christmas cards from the janitors, nurses, etc, from now on....one of the family an' all that.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:00 PM   #576
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post

Hot dog!!! AT LAST you have decent internet. You sure have been waiting long enough.

Look for tons more posts going forward from "you know who"!
Old 03-26-2019, 06:47 PM   #577
Give me a forum ...

Gym day for me, then groceries. Tried to find what happened to my prescription that was lost. Finally got it this afternoon.

Spring is starting, our local swan came back for the summer. When I came home a wild turkey was walking around the yard and toward the canyon. I don't know what it was doing walking around in a couple feet of snow. I'm sure it knows more than me. A couple days ago there was a beautiful fox that crossed the road ahead of me.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:57 AM   #578
Full time employment: Posting here.

Colonoscopy day for me today .... Yay!!!
Old 03-27-2019, 04:58 AM   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by albireo13 View Post
Colonoscopy day for me today .... Yay!!!
Glad to hear that things are looking up!
Old 03-27-2019, 05:21 AM   #580
Give me a forum ...

Yesterday played 9 holes of golf and then started pressure washing my driveway. Bought a Greenworks Pro 2300 electric washer and boy does it do a good job. My driveway looked almost black in spots but now looks brand new. Finished 2/3 of it yesterday and will knock out the rest today. Got the house trim to tackle but will do that later in the Spring.
Closed Thread