what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to work my way to my backyard with the camera and took a couple of pics....

Attachments

• DSC01570.jpg
    DSC01570.jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC01571.jpg
    DSC01571.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 7
Congrats a few days early, thinker25! Nice gift to yourself, that giving notice on Friday!

LOL! Yes, and the advice I've been given is to keep the written letter of resignation short and direct (maybe not "sweet"). She has no idea I'm planning this.

Do you agree? Anyone?

I went and saw my life coach and had her practically rolling on the ground telling her about some of my more bizarre contacts from Match. It takes many types to populate our planet. :whistle: She told me that being single ain't so bad after all, is it? Jury is still out on that verdict. ;)
I had my house cleaned and gave the housecleaner a bunch of costume jewelry I will never wear again. Her sister has a daughter who is the right age to play dressup Celebrity or Beauty Queen or Princess or whatever. :D
I'm debating mowing the lawn, but there is always tomorrow...tomorrow...:greetings10:

Short, professional, and to the point. Try to avoid too many similes. :D:D:D

"I will be 62 on June 20 and plan to retire in two weeks, as of the end of the pay period, July 3. My last day at work will be Friday, July 2."

Something like that... :D Email and don't answer the phone...

I think the part about your age/birthday might be superfluous...:LOL:

I was trying to give her a reason without giving her a real reason. She will make the assumption that it's about collecting SS. I am trying to leave without burning bridges if possible.... And I've been very upfront about my age at work, not a secret - except that I look like I'm in my late 40s so people actually are amazed at my real age. My exhaustion is the exhaustion of a 62 year old, even if the face looks good :D and it's time to say goodbye.

USAA seminar presentation on Long Term Health Care insurance (still undecided), golfed 18, visited IKEA, Golfsmith, Home Goods stores - spent little, attended hurricane preparation presentation, watching President Obama on c-span in the Oval Office, along w/ Lakers/Celtics, Rays-Braves game. Somewhat productive day.

Went to a luncheon with old retired work buddies yesterday, then went downtown to a South African wine tasting, then back to the home neighborhood for a nice dinner.

Whew! Today I will compensate by doing very little!

Went to a luncheon with old retired work buddies yesterday, then went downtown to a South African wine tasting, then back to the home neighborhood for a nice dinner.

Whew! Today I will compensate by doing very little!

I will compensate by doing very little today too, although I didn't do much of anything noteworthy yesterday. :LOL:

Today we might take Frank's Murano to get a tuneup, or we might not. Then lunch, and hanging around together and enjoying one another's company until early evening.

Hunting and gathering at the Farmers' Market: herbs and gizzards and strawberries and beet greens and tomatoes...

Still unpacking. Some of this stuff hasn't seen the light of day for more than 5 years: since we sold our house and moved onto a sailboat.

Came across heavy wool slacks, lined to the knee. They were great during my stint working in Geneva; now in Austin - not so much. Some Goodwill customer is going to be warm this winter.

Took the vessel for a 3 beer cruise. Waiting to listen in on DW's phone call with a FP on what to do with an existing annuity.

I have been absent from this forum for 2 weeks. At least one forum member, Westernskies, wondered about my well being.

Well, the truth is that I have been tied up in a civic duty. :(

It may not be a big deal for others, but it puts me in a gloomy mood and has been somewhat exhausting for me.

No, I cannot talk about it yet, and later may not want to.

Strolled down to tourist area; finally found a geocache I've been savoring, wasn't looking very hard. Now will need another excuse to tour the area. Enjoyed shop keepers' assumptions I'm on vacation. Oh, maybe I am.

NW-Bound, I feel for you as I was reminded of unpleasant week in civic duty selection while reading today. Lawyer narrator describes how defendant is coached. Tell us about it when you can.

Last edited:
I have been absent from this forum for 2 weeks. At least one forum member, Westernskies, wondered about my well being.

Well, the truth is that I have been tied up in a civic duty. :(

It may not be a big deal for others, but it puts me in a gloomy mood and has been somewhat exhausting for me.

No, I cannot talk about it yet, and later may not want to.

If you are on the firing squad for the convicted murderer out in Utah, I hope you get the blank...

In your example, if I believed the murderer really did it and deserved a firing squad, I might want a real bullet. That would not take away the sadness about what he did, however.

Worked today, deposited check in credit union on way home, bought grapes at Kroger and picked up movie at Redbox, made and ate dinner, watched the movie and surfing the net now. Getting ready to take shower shortly and go to bed.

Gave painting lessons to my 12 year old grandson. He helped me paint my 12 x 20 storage building - and expects to get paid! What is it with kids these days? :cool:

Reactions: oma
Confirmed yet again every time I eat a raw carrot, I get the hiccups.

Watched a dragonfly lay eggs on the artificial lily pads in my pond.

Was going to do yard work late in the evening, but I drank half a bottle of wine at supper and changed my mind.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom