Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #941
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Four mile long walk today, started out in the rain and snow, but cleared up at the half-way point. Lunch with the walking group at a local pasteria. Fun group!
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #942
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
I suggested we go to the local grocery store and buy 2 Maine lobster tails and jumbo shrimp instead for 1/3 the cost. Guess who won?
He did, of course.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #943
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
He did, of course.
Wrong answer! There are 2 succulent Maine lobster tails in my frig, and jumbo shrimp in da freezer. I told him to save the money not spent at RL for something special on our cruise this summer. I won!
Old 03-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #944
Give me a forum ...

To the contrary: He'll get to a have a nice dinner and.. in your company.

Uninterrupted by Hi I'm Joe and will be your waiter today. Now I'd like to tell you about our specials. All this potential joy in the company of you closest 100 strangers.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #945
Give me a forum ...

I mentioned the new singer in our group. We had two gigs last week, and she did a fantastic job. Here are photos:

Old 03-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #946
Give me a forum ...

Looking real good, any chance of sound?
Old 03-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #947
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
I mentioned the new singer in our group. We had two gigs last week, and she did a fantastic job. Here are photos:
What! No Trombone?

(Where do I line up for tickets?)
Old 03-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #948
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
Looking real good, any chance of sound?
Here you go:

Do Nothin Til You Hear From Me Excerpt

Alice In Wonderland Excerpt

Those are from our first rehearsal.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #949
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Here you go:

What a pleasant voice. Nice.
Memory has faded some, a bit like Claudine Longet?
Old 03-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #950
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Here you go:

Turtle Cheer.jpg

Excellent!
Old 03-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #951
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Here you go:

Can I be part of her entourage?

Today was a very warm day. Eighty degrees. Took the mutt on a 3 mile walk and did some yard work at my mother's house. Just sipping on a med at the moment.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:06 AM   #952
Full time employment: Posting here.

Yesterday, the pup and I went on our typical early morning walk/run, had a quick breakfast, and then took the skiff out for a couple of hours. It is a little early in the season for me to fish much but the weather was just too nice (sunny and near 80 degrees) -- did not catch any largemouth or spotted bass (my usual target) but hooked a nice 10.5 lb striped bass which took about 15 minutes to land since I was using light gear.

Then home for some yard work and built a fire ring/pit adjacent to my seawall using rocks collected from the lake. Later in the day, I read a book down on the pier while drinking a Pete's Wicked Ale (or two). Coal got to swim and chase his tennis ball much of the afternoon so he was a happy lab. A nice relaxing day...
Old 03-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #953
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakedog View Post
Yesterday, the pup and I went on our typical early morning walk/run, had a quick breakfast, and then took the skiff out for a couple of hours. It is a little early in the season for me to fish much but the weather was just too nice (sunny and near 80 degrees) -- did not catch any largemouth or spotted bass (my usual target) but hooked a nice 10.5 lb striped bass which took about 15 minutes to land since I was using light gear.

Then home for some yard work and built a fire ring/pit adjacent to my seawall using rocks collected from the lake. Later in the day, I read a book down on the pier while drinking a Pete's Wicked Ale (or two). Coal got to swim and chase his tennis ball much of the afternoon so he was a happy lab. A nice relaxing day...
The good life........
Old 03-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #954

Bought a used Fender stratocaster to practice some old 50s Chuck Berry stuff. Got it cheap enough that I can resell it at a profit if when I find that I suck at it and that the duck walk hurts my back.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #955
Give me a forum ...

Garden planning - I can finally grow grapes ! I ordered 3 seedless table grape varieties (Reliance, Marquis, Mars) recently developed for cold region gardens. Researching homemade trellis design and reading up on grape pruning techniques.
Invested: $27.
ROI: It will be 2-3 years before I get a crop.
The fun of tending my grapevines in straw hat and cotton housedress, just like they do in "the old country": Priceless.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #956

Quote:
Here you go:

Man, I love that cool mellow sound, not just the girl but the backup. Al, in the next life, can I come back as you?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #957
Give me a forum ...

Well, first I got out of bed.

Cat Stretch.jpg
Old 03-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #958
Give me a forum ...

Pretty sunny day here in Mississippi. But a cloudy day ahead of me. Going to a funeral this afternoon. A guy I worked with died over the weekend. Someone I really admired and looked up to. We had coffee breaks everyday at work and he was always full of good stories. He worked until the age of 65, but his health took a nose dive shortly thereafter. He had a mild heart attack and then had to battle cancer. Radiation treatments really did a number on him. I visited him several times after he retired and he was always positive. But a shame he couldn't have had a few good healthy retirement years.

Oh well, time to go walk the mutt. She has a way of perking me up.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #959
Give me a forum ...

Had good workout this morning, then as usual a sauna, shower. Off to the next town to pick up stuff at Tractor Supply. On the way stopped at the Coffee Bean coffee house. Ordered a cup of coffee.

They were shocked. You mean a regular cup of coffee. Yes I said, not decaf either.

Some consultation with managers ensued. They could not get past customer wanting coffee when all those special flavors are on the display board. I said it does say coffee house on your sign right?

Finally a decision was made, make a pot of regular coffee. 10 minutes and a buck fifty later I got my cup of coffee. Not bad either.

I might go back there again, see what happens.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:52 AM   #960
Give me a forum ...

Been putting off taxes 'cause I hate it, hate it HATE IT! Finally got all my stuff copied and shoved originals into envelope. Took to PO and mailed to my accountant. Load off my mind. Celebrated by treating myself to Senior Day at Goodwill and Starvation Army. Whopper and fries at BK. Doesn't get much better than this. Oh, and the mountains are back. Yesterday was driving home and seemed something was wrong. Actually took me 10 seconds to figure out that the mountains were completely obscured by clouds and rain squall. Never saw that before.

Got a long PM nap and then hit the Forum. Life is good.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Closed Thread