what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mostly played OR nurse today . No, it is not kinky . It's when we are doing a home project and SO says pliers and I slap it into his hand . We currently have several projects going so I'll be playing OR nurse for several week ends .

happy b-day dear kahn, happy b-day to you. and many moooooorrrre.

two fun days. yesterday met bro & sil & littlest nephew and niece. took their pup to stay at ranch where he has another dog to play with. while there played with caretaker's wallaby (too cute), played with horses (we were horsing around), played with mini horse (equally too cute & very friendly).

drove for an overnight by eldest nephew's new university to embarrass the freshman in front of his week-old new friends. really nice group of kids. nephew lives in a country club dorm. own room in a suite of 4 small bedrooms which share a living room & kitchen & bath. basically a decent sized apartment right on a lake with sailboats, waterskiing, beach area, outdoor stage, etc. was a labor day party in progress. labor? these kids? hardly.

took his roomies to dinner. today bought him a bunch of stuff. snuck him a few beer bills. now to hope he doesn't screw up like i did.

was a little sad being on a college campus. all that youth. no one complaining about arthritis. all that optimism. no one complaining about corporations. i'm more than twice the age of those kids. holy crap. when did that happen.

i don't really know how old i am until i get in those situations. when i look outside through my eyes, i think i'm still a kid. but go past a mirror in the company of college kids and, my god, i'm grandpa. this sucks. i might never visit my nephew again. i'm going back into denial where youth is still mine and the only time i suspect it might be slipping away is when my arthritis acts up.

slouch, corn meal not lead. One square of toilet paper and 1/8 teaspoon of corn meal. NO BULLETS!!!!!

Kahn, Happy Birthday.

Today I polished, tomorrow I fire up the bluing salts.

We finally made it back to TX today after 5 1/2 months out of state. 3 days driving from northern CO through NM. We headed straight for the Davis Mountains in west Texas.

Topped off the fuel in Pecos TX where diesel was only $4.06/gal — topped off = 82 gals. This should take care of us until November. Crossed through several thunderstorms with downpours on the climb up into the mountains. Kind of intense when you're climbing a steep windy road, but it sure cooled things off down to mid-60s outside.

We're set up at Davis Mountains State park. We're here for two whole weeks! Woohoo no more driving for a while! There is so much to do around here we look forward to it. Now that we're back to the "home" state our traveling mode will change. We'll be staying at favorite spots for longer periods until time to head east for holidays with family.

Got my 2 miles in with a nice evening walk around the park. Saw a grey fox and lots of bats buzzing the lights.

Everything around here is so green. They've had lots of rain!

BTW, in our Pacific Northwest travels we managed to collect quite a bit of red wine from Washington and Oregon, mostly from the various Columbia River Valley appellations. We managed to drink quite a bit while traveling, but still are carrying over 3 cases in the motorhome. Now time to get serious!

Audrey

P.S. Happy Birthday Khan! And thanks for starting this thread!

Futzed around the house this morning then took DW to lunch. Went shopping afterward and bought her a nice pair of ruby earrings to show my appreciation for putting up with me for the past 40 years. Took her out for a couple of primo margaritas and a nice anniversary dinner.

Futzed around the house this morning then took DW to lunch. Went shopping afterward and bought her a nice pair of ruby earrings to show my appreciation for putting up with me for the past 40 years. Took her out for a couple of primo margaritas and a nice anniversary dinner.
And how did she express her appreciation?

Audrey

I'll tell ya what I haven't done the last 4 days. Play golf!:( I actually had one of my golf buddies call and tell me the group was playing today. I quickly showered and got dressed, but decided to look at the weather channel. Tornado watch was in effect for my area. Nasty looking radar. Oh well, I didn't waste taking my shower. Drove over to the butcher and got a haircut. This one should last me a couple of months.:p

Hey Dawg...ever tried Wii Golf for those crappy weather days? My son really likes it and my avid golfer dad was also quite taken with it.

Unfortunately we dont have enough bad weather around here to push him to buy one.

Hey Dawg...ever tried Wii Golf for those crappy weather days? My son really likes it and my avid golfer dad was also quite taken with it.

Unfortunately we dont have enough bad weather around here to push him to buy one.

Might look into it. Right now, time for a nap. Got a few James Patterson books to read. Wonder what I should tackle first. Cross, Lifeguard, Beach Road, or Honeymoon? My sis-in-law loaned me a few. I was saving them for winter, but might as well get started while it's crappy outside.:(

Gave blood (as I always do, every 8 weeks).

I'm "required" to "take it easy" the rest of the day :cool: ....

(as I need an excuse :rolleyes: ...)

- Ron

Dogs woke me up at 5 AM. Drank coffee, futzed around online, read the paper, ate breakfast then decided to do a little yard work. Doused myself liberally with Deet (damn chiggers) and grabbed my loppers to cut some brush around the large oaks near the front of my property. Made good progress for about 45 minutes and was working my way around the trunk of the third oak tree when I noticed a rattlesnake six inches from my right foot. Moved smartly out of the way. Returned to dispatch said rattlesnake. Decided to call it a day.

Blued today. For those of you who might know what I am talking about. One was an old school Springfield sporter I found in a pawn shop. It has a nice piece of wood on it that is salvageable. Two was a Mauser rebarreled to '06 with a Shilen barrel, and the third was the Siamese Mauser I mentioned earlier. It is a 25 AKI with a PacNor barrel. The two Mausers are stocked in Claro. My hobbies are almost work.

I'll be off visiting for the rest of the afternoon. If I am lucky, I might even score a free meal.

Made good progress for about 45 minutes and was working my way around the trunk of the third oak tree when I noticed a rattlesnake six inches from my right foot. Moved smartly out of the way. Returned to dispatch said rattlesnake. Decided to call it a day.

Uh huh. :rolleyes:

Gave blood (as I always do, every 8 weeks).

I'm "required" to "take it easy" the rest of the day :cool: ....

(as I need an excuse :rolleyes: ...)

- Ron

Hey, Ron---just wanted to say "Attaboy---and thanks" for giving blood. The technicians don't always think donors (they seem to see it just as a j*b and not as a link in the blood donation system that saves lives), so I'll be the one to do it! And yeah, take it easy for the rest of today---you deserve it.

I try to give blood every two months too---but was unable to do so last time due to very slight anemia. Will try again soon. Supposedly supplies are very low in some parts of the country due to the storms.

Today I went to the dentist - after procrastinating a bit. Then I came home and set up my next several appointments for a root canal and crown.

Now that the appointments are made... I sure hope my ER doesn't get in the way of following through :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom