What do you want for Christmas?

I want this necklace . I could easily buy it but getting it as a gift would be nicer.

Attachments

• il_570xN.1340976034_8e2lnecklace.jpg
    il_570xN.1340976034_8e2lnecklace.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 52
Mostly, to stop having to see doctors so much. It all started when I had to have two stents in my heart a few years ago. Then it was afib, and after a while I had a procedure done that seems to have fixed that, but they assure me it'll come back but don't know when. Could be next week, could be 15 years. And then this year I've had two surgeries for melanoma in different places (fortunately caught very early) and all the follow-up visits for that. Don't misunderstand, I'm very grateful for the care I received and the insurance to pay for it all, but next year I only want to see doctors for routine checkups.

And on the materialistic side, fleece lined jeans and fleece lined flannel shirts. The older I get the less tolerance I have for cold weather. I have never liked cold weather so I suppose that's built in.

Guaranteed good health for 30 years and enough money to enjoy every minute. We sort of have the 2nd part.

I want this necklace . I could easily buy it but getting it as a gift would be nicer.

That is quite a striking necklace, and I hope you get it as a gift. But if you don't, then I agree you should definitely buy it.

I wouldn't mind some home recording studio gear. But I'd need someone to pick out stuff that would be good / fun for me AND show me how to use it / what I can do with it.

I'm thinking of getting myself an Apple machine of some kind so I can write iPhone apps. I'm already a rather accomplished hobby developer with Android, but I wondered "what should I learn" and this popped up as an idea. I've got the time.

"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth".......Oh, wait a minute, I got those last summer. Now I want the molar implants to be over with.:LOL:

Actually, I always ask for a 1965 Corvette Stingray roadster in Glen Green color with a white top and white leather interior. I should be equipped with a 327, 300 HP engine and a four speed GM Muncie transmission. (I never get this gift :blush:)

I guess I'll settle for the two implants and crowns instead and maybe some new socks. :)

Something I sort of want, but realize it’s an unnecessary extravagance, is an espresso machine. We could afford to spend $1000 on the one I’ve been eyeing, but that feels like an awful lot of money for my one cup of coffee per day.

Don't forget to add several hundred bucks for a really good grinder. The grinder is considered by many to be more important than the machina.

I spent over a grand on a really nice espresso machine a couple of years ago and never regretted it. I make a drink every morning - sometimes a latte, sometimes a cap, sometimes a cortado, and often simply espresso. I'm already getting upgraditis on the grinder, but not the machine.

One thing about many of the machines in the "prosumer" level is that they are designed to be worked on. Say a pressurestat breaks or an overpressure valve fails, parts can be bought on the internet and replaced by the user. Not that I've had to yet (crossing fingers)!

Smartwool socks. Blue jeans.

....Actually, I always ask for a 1965 Corvette Stingray roadster in Glen Green color with a white top and white leather interior. I should be equipped with a 327, 300 HP engine and a four speed GM Muncie transmission. (I never get this gift :blush:).....

Nice choice. I'll ask DW for a red 62 convertible Corvette and see how that goes.

Last edited:
Seriously, a winning trip to Vegas. (I've got some real Christmas spirit eh) Will be leaving late next week. My travel cost, hotel and meals will all be paid for so I just need to win at the tables to stay in the black. :)

Last edited:
I go thru this every year. To start with, my birthday is in late Nov. Giving suggestions for that is such a chore. Then right around the corner comes Christmas. I tell people to just make a check out to their favorite charity. That never works. So I get stuck with having to make a list of meaningless gifts that I would not normally buy for myself( because if I did want it, I would have bought it! I can't even remember what I wrote down on my list. I guess I'll be surprised!

Maybe, a 1400 fps .177 pellet gun with a scope to deal with the chipmunks digging under my driveway, yard and front porch would be a nice surprise.

"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth".......Oh, wait a minute, I got those last summer. Now I want the molar implants to be over with.:LOL:

Actually, I always ask for a 1965 Corvette Stingray roadster in Glen Green color with a white top and white leather interior. I should be equipped with a 327, 300 HP engine and a four speed GM Muncie transmission. (I never get this gift :blush:)

I guess I'll settle for the two implants and crowns instead and maybe some new socks. :)

I watch all the Mecum auctions on tv and drool at steady line of beautiful corvettes offered for sale. So many of them look brand new despite being 20-50 years old. I am going to attend the event in Kissimmee in January. The question is whether I do the bidder paperwork before going. At this point in my life there might not be a bigger rush than bidding on a sweet vette. Kind of a belated Christmas gift......

Maybe, a 1400 fps .177 pellet gun with a scope to deal with the chipmunks digging under my driveway, yard and front porch would be a nice surprise.

You’ll shoot your eye out!

I don't need anything, and we stopped exchanging gifts long ago.

My BD was just past, and my daughter hosted a family dinner for me, and they got me another XO Cognac bottle. I opened it up and shared it after dinner. Yes, as it usually is, it's so smooth even a baby can drink it, like Robbie here said.

So, that's another half-finished bottle to add to my collection. I have more booze than I want to drink (can drink more, but not good for health). Got lots of food. Got myself plenty of toys already. Just maintaining status quo, health included, is plenty good.

My BIL does pretty good burgers on the grill, a skill I have yet to master. I am thinking about asking him if he will do some for supper one evening if I provided the supplies.
Other than that I just want time with friends and family.

A long nap would be nice.

There really is nothing I need and very few things I want that I don't have. We have under spent our budget every year we've been retired, so if I want something I just buy it.

The one thing I really like, but for some reason feel guilty about buying is a massage. Every time I get one I realize that it is good for my health and I promise myself I will start getting one at least monthly. The last one I had was probably 10 months ago.

So, maybe I will ask for a massage, city bus/train tickets and a donation to the ACLU.

Be careful what you ask for, or you will end up with socks for teeth!

I will take snow, and yes: Peace On Earth & Good Will To Men

And on the materialistic side, fleece lined jeans and fleece lined flannel shirts. The older I get the less tolerance I have for cold weather. I have never liked cold weather so I suppose that's built in.

I started wearing flannel PJ pants under my jeans/pants. They seem to work better than the pair of flannel lined pants I bought. Plus, when I get home, I can just take off the pants and I'm ready to settle in for some TV viewing.

Anvil type pruning shears

Not bypass shears? Why? I thought the anvil type were to be avoided. Something about being more of a smash than a cut.

I started wearing flannel PJ pants under my jeans/pants. They seem to work better than the pair of flannel lined pants I bought. Plus, when I get home, I can just take off the pants and I'm ready to settle in for some TV viewing.

Not bypass shears? Why? I thought the anvil type were to be avoided. Something about being more of a smash than a cut.

I was told by an old man at the local rose garden that anvils are best for pruning rose bushes.
I generally trust old men in these areas.

A decent bottle of Scotch that I can share with my 21 year old.
A single brew coffee maker that can use K-cups or grounds, $19.95 at Wal-mart.
And happiness for my wife and sons.

Back
Top Bottom