Join Early Retirement Today
Old 01-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #141
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Fun to mess with the peanut minds those who assign the driver's character, finances etc. based on their wheels.

rustbucket winter beater pickup with non matching cap
or Jaguar
or suburban
or DW's Caddy

How did character and finaces or mental stability change if driven all four on the same day at different times?

IIRC Howard Hughes in his heyday drove some real beaters.
Oh and Barry Diller drives a Maserati.

There must be moderation in everything, including moderation.
ls99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2015, 08:46 PM   #142
Originally Posted by H2ODude View Post
Hey, I always said a Miata was the most fun per dollar of any car! Had a 96, 99, then a 06. Followed that with a 08 Cayman S. Loved the Cayman but still have a soft spot for the Miatas. Gave up the sports car a year after retired so I could add more shop tools to the garage, but I do so covet one.
I test drove a new Miata, but wound up with a used 2004 Audi TT in 2010. I was planning to move to the mountains and wanted 4wd. All the bells and whistles including turbo for $15000. Had 34k miles on it. It now has about 60k on it and is just a hoot to drive.

Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #143
That's the same way I feel about the Versa S, with a 6 speed manual transmission. It's got a lot of spunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
"Growing old is no excuse for growing up."
seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:18 AM   #144
Originally Posted by 38Chevy454 View Post
OK, I'll put a pic here, even though 99% of the members here will think it is wretched excess.

1937 Chevy Utility Coupe (from Australia, aka Ute), all stock orig
1937 Ford Utility Coupe (from Australia, aka Ute), hot rod
1938 Chevrolet 2 dr sedan, 454
1949 Ford COE, hot rod and very non-stock, my avatar pic is this truck
1952 GMC pickup, hot rod and my current project
1968 Pontiac GTO, owned for 35 years all orig

I also have future projects:
1955 Studebaker Coupe, land speed race car project, want to go 200+ mph eventually
1963 Dodge Town Wagon

If I am not at work, or working around the house I am usually in the garage
Thanks for posting a photo of the truck. Truly amazing.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
Ronstar is online now   Reply With Quote