Where Retirees moving to study

Hiking trails, kayaking. Man I am right there now. The only facility I have never used yet is the Seniors Center.

Yes, I was thrilled to find this article, because, I, too, wanted to know where other boomers were moving. My choices are Austin, Dallas and Las Vegas--all pretty decent taxwise.
Las Vegas real estate is to bottom out 2nd quarter of 2009, so you might want to wait until you actually buy there till then. Might as well buy now in Dallas and Austin, because it will just go up...slowly, tho, so don't get too excited. Texas has too much land to have much escalation in real estate ever, I think.

How did you arrive at the 2009 date for the Las Vegas real estate bottom?

Okie dokie - let nobody spill the beans about Overland Park/greater Kansas City now.

:D Send em to Texas! Got relatives in Reno/Sparks - they say that's getting crowded.

Yes, I was thrilled to find this article, because, I, too, wanted to know where other boomers were moving. My choices are Austin, Dallas and Las Vegas--all pretty decent taxwise.

I don't think I would pick Vegas. It will have a monumental water crisis in the not too distant future (along with many other places in Nevada and Arizona). They are already having to take drastic measures on water conservation.

If you get on the reviewjournal.com Las Vegas board/forum, you can find all sorts of information out about the real estate market there. Many studies have said 2nd quarter 2009, so who am I to argue?
You aren't kidding about the water crisis. It IS something to worry about, but retirees (if you read the article) still seem to be piling in there.
Kansas City, MO.? I went two weeks to the world famous (not kidding) Missouri Auction School, so I got to see K.C. while driving around. What a beautiful area of the country! I don't blame you for wanting to keep that a secret. Rolling green hills, city with the most gorgeous fountains in America, great beef, etc. I'd want it all for myself, too, if I lived there. Great city! Just great!

Back
Top Bottom