• Southeast including Louisiana and Florida

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • Texas

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • All others and non-US

Votes: 40 24.2%

• Total voters

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am curious about where we live. I live in WA, where today we are enjoying magnificent weather!

I messed up getting the poll posted- I asked mods for help, so it may show up.

I always feel invisible and now even my state is invisible. Fly-over land, I guess.

What happend to the southwest...or sand states...sigh.

Voted other.

What happend to the southwest...or sand states...sigh.

Voted other.
I'll ask for clarification. To me these are Rockies-pretty much unbroken from The Mexican Border way up into Alaska.

Ha

I always love how distorted people see the country based on where they live. Washington and Oregon get separate selections, while nearly the entire rust belt and midwest are lumped into "Other". Anybody else does this, WA and OR would either be included with CA or if they're lucky, be in Pacific NW. If anyone would remember to include them.

If a NYer did it, you'd probably see New York City, upstate NY, Boston, other New England, Florida, midwest, west coast, other.

OK, let us know if it isn't right.
Could I ask for "Rockies incl AZ and NM"? And maybe change SE to "SE incl FL"?

Otherwise there is going to be confusion I can see.

Ha

I always love how distorted people see the country based on where they live. Washington and Oregon get separate selections, while nearly the entire rust belt and midwest are lumped into "Other". Anybody else does this, WA and OR would either be included with CA or if they're lucky, be in Pacific NW. If anyone would remember to include them.

If a NYer did it, you'd probably see New York City, upstate NY, Boston, other New England, Florida, midwest, west coast, other.

Like you say, it depends on where you live or where you have lived. :) Also, I was interested to know how many Washingtonians there are, so I didn't want to lump in OR with WA. It seems that a lot of people from WA post here, especially considering that it is not a very large population.

And Pac NW really isn't very good, because then anyone from ID woujld have no idea where to put themselves.

Heaven forbid you leave out Idaho. You wouldn't want all of them to feel like those few people from MI, IL, OH, etc.

Could I ask for "Rockies incl AZ and NM"? And maybe change SE to "SE incl FL"?

Otherwise there is going to be confusion I can see.

Ha

OK, let us know if more tweaking needed. I left Louisiana in SE too.

OK, let us know if more tweaking needed. I left Louisiana in SE too.

Yes, thank you again. I did not think enough before putting this up.

Ha

Heaven forbid you leave out Idaho. You wouldn't want all of them to feel like those few people from MI, IL, OH, etc.

At least I didn't say flyover country. That is just downright impolite! :)

Ha

Strange distortion of geography, ha. Not sure what this is going to tell us, seems to be west-coast centric.

Maybe use Federal Reserve Districts? ;)

Yes, thank you again. I did not think enough before putting this up.

Ha
No problem! I'm curious to see the outcome of this poll, too. So far it's pretty interesting - - lots of folks in the DC-Maryland-Virginia area. Maybe they are other federal employees (or former federal employees like me), with our nice retirement benefits.

Been said before:

New Yorker.JPG

Okay. I put Rockies (including Arizona & New Mexico) because on most days here, in Denver (not today), I can see the Rockies. I can never see Arizona or New Mexico from here, however, unless I am living in my other house... in which I get to see all 50 states (well, except Hawaii).

Back
Top Bottom