Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Southeast including Louisiana and Florida

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • Texas

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • All others and non-US

Votes: 40 24.2%

• Total voters
What happened to the Midwest in this poll?

I would have put it, but I am never sure what or where it is; other than it definitely includes Iowa and Illinois.

Choose "other", as it is also other.

Ha

I am glad so many people are happy where they are. I remember coming out to California from Boston long ago. I drove all the way over several days from a few blocks from Fenway Park to Malibu. I parked and went down to the beach and there were all these lovely blond women in bikinis. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

I still think California as it was is close to perfect-California to me means LA beach communities and maybe east to LaBrea, and most of the Bay Area. These really good things were affordable to even a young guy with a so-so income in those days

But although it took a while for me get over pining for all the sun down south, I would never want to leave Seattle now.

Ha

Cal-NV, them’s gambling words.

Photo Thread!

Attachments

• IMG_6391.jpg
    IMG_6391.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 7
Cal-NV, them’s gambling words. !
You a Cal Neva fan too? I am :smitten:with that place since I first went in the 70s. My Reno spots are Cal Neva and the Eldorado.

I always love how distorted people see the country based on where they live. Washington and Oregon get separate selections, while nearly the entire rust belt and midwest are lumped into "Other". Anybody else does this, WA and OR would either be included with CA or if they're lucky, be in Pacific NW. If anyone would remember to include them.

If a NYer did it, you'd probably see New York City, upstate NY, Boston, other New England, Florida, midwest, west coast, other.
Yeah, I would probably bundle much of northern California, Washington and Oregon into something I vaguely think of as "rainy, not quite Canada, and they grow a lot of weed there." The right hand corner (Maine, et.al.) would be something like "lobsters and maple syrup come from here-land".

So, I guess my map is wrong then.

6a00d8345157c669e201310f2fcc9f970c-pi

The map isn't real big, but I don't see the Guadalupe River, the world's most hyped creek. Or Colorado and New Mexico, where all Texans must go to survive summer. :)

Ha

The map isn't real big, but I don't see the Guadalupe River, the world's most hyped creek. Or Colorado and New Mexico, where all Texans must go to survive summer.
Click on the bar and it gets bigger. The Guadalupe ain't there, but Colorado is there as "Red" (Colorado is somehow transmorgified from Color Rojo Spanish for Red color(ed)). And Nu Messyco is there next to the free-state of El Paso/Juarez.

I see now, much more complete.

I remember going to college "back East" (aka New Jersey) and talking to someone who had spent their entire ~18 years on this planet in and around New York City. They once went "way out west" to Pittsburgh.

2Cor521
(Texan by birth, Idahoan most of my life)

I checked DC-MD-VA since that's where we came from and the WV Panhandle is full of urban refugees from there, although now we try to avoid going anywhere near it.

Being able to drive twenty miles without encountering a traffic light can get one spoiled.

I am glad so many people are happy where they are. I remember coming out to California from Boston long ago. I drove all the way over several days from a few blocks from Fenway Park to Malibu. I parked and went down to the beach and there were all these lovely blond women in bikinis. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

I still think California as it was is close to perfect-California to me means LA beach communities and maybe east to LaBrea, and most of the Bay Area. These really good things were affordable to even a young guy with a so-so income in those days

But although it took a while for me get over pining for all the sun down south, I would never want to leave Seattle now.

Ha

No kidding. I grew up and went to school in Oregon. In 1979 it was time to find a programming job, which on the West Coast meant Seattle, Silicon Valley, or Los Angeles. Interviews yielded identical offers from all 3 locations, but while the first 2 reminded me of home, Hughes Aircraft put me in a hotel in Manhattan Beach, where I could walk to the beach. 80 degrees in January, lots of bikinis. Very easy choice for a 20 year old.

Ferrol-Covas, Galicia, Spain. Aside from certain parts of USA, I don´t want to live anywhere else as an alternative. What can I do, I am absurdly colonised by you:D!

I checked 'other' - which includes the southwest outskirts of Chicago where I've lived my entire life. But according to the map I'm in northeast Texas

I suppose there are reasons to live west of the Rocky Mountains, but I can't think of any. ;)

I have actually been to 48 states and lived in 14 of them, most west of the Hudson (CT, MA, RI, NY, MD, VA, SC, FL, OH, IL, MO, TX, WA and HI).

My home is California...but I live in an apt in Tokyo...for the next 950 or so days.

R

Kinda the same as Rambler. I lived the first 23 years or so in WA (not DC....always have to clarify for most of the world) and have lived most of the last 30 out of the US. Thought I was retiring in the UK (married to a Yorkshire lady)....then we decided on Spokane....then changed our minds.........then changed our minds......then changed our minds..... currently it is Spokane in another year (unless we change our minds) so I voted for WA instead of Other. It is the closest thing to home I guess.

I would have put it, but I am never sure what or where it is; other than it definitely includes Iowa and Illinois.

Choose "other", as it is also other.

Ha

Yep...left out Nebraska again.... That's ok...getting pretty used to it now after 59 years.:LOL:

It seems that a lot of people from WA post here, especially considering that it is not a very large population.

So far, less than 7%. However, that is larger than it sounds. If our members were distributed equally among the 50 states, then one would expect 2% in each state.

Back
Top Bottom