Why I think RVing Sucks.

And I will not try to retrofit a granite countertop into this RV, nor "remodel" its bathroom. It already feels like, well, home. :)

Here's a quick LBYM RV Granite Countertop remodel suggestion....:whistle:

It sticks and sucks! :LOL:

Attachments

• nwboundsnewrvcountertops.jpg
    nwboundsnewrvcountertops.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 4
I love it! Granite on a roll. Should I put it on the floor too?

All in all, what matters to both of us is that we are so happy with our purchases and our lives are enriched by them. That far overshadows negative comments we might read on the board.
Well said.

I enjoy reading about folks' lifestyle and location choices even though they seem unfamiliar or even bizarre at times. All that matters is how you feel about it.

I enjoy reading about folks' lifestyle and location choices even though they seem unfamiliar or even bizarre at times.

I wonder if ordinary folks think granite on a roll is unfamiliar, or bizarre or both!

Anyway, reading full-time RV'er bloggers, I found so many interesting stories. The most captivating stories are from those that write well, have unconventional living arrangements and are able to put their thoughts down in a lucid prose. I started reading these as a guide to RV traveling, but then got much more interested in their philosophical viewpoints.

Ordinary people don't even know what you are talking about.

Ha

Do you, Sir Ha?

Gee! I should have hired you, my friend, to decorate my RV if I weren't so keen on maintaining my anonymity.

I was thinking maybe it was Indiana Jones.

Snake chaps? :cool:
Yep. Those snake chaps really help with the prickly pear cactus among other things....

Here is DH, Dragonfly Hunter, in full insect photography "field dress" which includes the oh-so-essential knee pads.

john-in-bug-hunting-dress225.jpg

That's how he gets photos like this:
(the butterfly is less than 1/2 inch across)

juniper_hairstreak290.jpg

Audrey

P.S. Yeah, that's it! I married Indiana Jones! :cool:

No. I am completely clueless.

BTW, OP sure stuck a stick into the hornets' nest didn't he?

Ha

Nah. I am not 100% sure about other RV'ers - I am not yet really one, not having taken my first trip even - but I think [-]we[/-] they are gentle and no hornets.

OK - I'll share a pretty nice TX Hill Country RV Resort just outside Marble Falls TX - hope I don't regret this (but it is a well known local "secret" and it is in the "Big Rig Directory"). We spent a month here once. Sunset Point on Lake LBJ

View from the "Granite Dome" point - why it's called "Sunset Point"

sunset-at-sunset-point600.jpg

Looking back at the campground from where the above photo was taken:

sunset-point-rv-park400.jpg

Some amazing cacti growing within the park:

lace-cactus-in-bloom.jpg

Audrey

What kind of macro lens does one need to take photos of chiggers? Or does one use a microscope? And what other abominable creatures in Texas that I read about that can also be photographic subjects?

Excellent! Especially when you realize the ratio of prickly pear to rattlesnakes is probably in the range of 5 million to one...
Yeah - this is TEXAS after all! Y'all gotta be prepared!

These are the "turtleskins" available at Cabela's - some pretty cool high-tech fabric. Very lightweight. OK, they're $$$$ - what can I say - it's DH, and he wears them all the time!

TurtleSkin-Snake-Gaiters-SM.jpg
Snake Gaiters :: TurtleSkin SnakeArmor

Audrey

Seems a shame those huge blooms last only one day.
These would only open up after 11:00 a.m. on a day or two after a rain, and then close by 3-4 p.m. Fortunately, staying there a month, we figured out when to take the photos.

That is a Lace Cactus, by the way.

Audrey

Yep. We have a few of them around the house sprinkled among the prickly pear (which I just noticed was 'sprinkled' by a bird...).
Sho nuff! They were like magical little easter eggs! Just incredible.

Audrey

P.S. Photoshop (for cleaning up "sprinkles", etc.)

We had a couple of cereus cacti in our yard in Tucson. They bloom explosively for one night per year. I remember leaving to walk the dog one night and returning an hour later during which this bloom occurred. Next day, gone.

What kind of macro lens does one need to take photos of chiggers? Or does one use a microscope? And what other abominable creatures in Texas that I read about that can also be photographic subjects?
Microscope required, I believe!

You can use the macro lens to photograph the chigger bite!

Audrey

Back
Top Bottom