Why leave the U.S....

Caroline, you just pissed off a bunch of forum members. Texas is labeled as Canada?! I get the california = France comparison. :D

I don't make it up, Justin, I just report it... :)

Interesting link.
Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Ha ha....texas gets howard...

I don't know squat/le squate about Howard, but Francish-California is welcome to Jaques.*

If you follow the thread to the original source, the blog of Carl Stormer - a very interesting Norwegian - you will find his comments regarding the Norwegian economy.

The average Norwegian customer is not used to good service and competitive prices. Online merchants are slow. Recently it took four weeks before I received a book shipped to me from a local merchant. On a recent trip I recently purchased shoes for our kids in the U.S. The selection was superior, and the price: 1/4th of what the local Norwegian merchant was charging.
He does go on to laud things he finds superior there, but I found the above interesting.

*Bilingualism required per Canadia-Exas law. Or is that Texanadia, Eh, You'all?

Leonidas said:
*Bilingualism required per Canadia-Exas law. Or is that Texanadia, Eh, You'all?

:D :D :D

Actually Alberta and Texas are more alike than either of them would like to admit, all that oil, cattle & open spaces.

........but AB has megamultiples of oil with a fraction of the population of TX.

yakers said:
An Alberta has better weather.

From looking at the average temperatures during Summer, you are absolutely correct. But while checking out current conditions, I don't think I would care much for the winters there. -6 Celsius and freezing fog? What the heck is freezing fog? I've never heard of that and am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the concept. Anyway, sounds like a great place to be in the Summer, but you guys can keep the Winter.

yakers said:
:D :D :D

Actually Alberta and Texas are more alike than either of them would like to admit, all that oil, cattle & open spaces.
And great steaks too!

Except that in Alberta they call cattle guards "Texas Gates". :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I remember seeing a sign for one thinking "What the he&%?", then I drove over it!

Audrey

Leonidas said:
freezing fog? What the heck is freezing fog?
Oooh! I got to experience this just recently in the great 50 year Albuquerque snow storm of Xmas '06. Freezing fog is a mist that hangs above the snow pack on the ground - very poor visibility - and then at night when temps drop below freezing it condenses on the road surfaces to create a nice layer of black ice! Friendlly stuff!

Audrey

We are the equivalent of Thailand (AZ). And they mispelled Morocco (ME)

Back
Top Bottom