Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-12-2015, 07:34 AM   #101
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

FWIW:

GPS City Discounts Refurbished Garmin Units

Quote:
If you’re in the market for a new Garmin, then you won’t want to miss GPS City‘s most recent sale on refurbished Garmin units. The range of units available is pretty vast, and buying refurbished us a great way to get a new, gently used device without having to pay out the nose.
Quote:
Here are a few of the units available:
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2015, 07:53 AM   #102
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by explanade View Post

iPhone can go on vent clip mount which is tiny, because phones are thin.

I would say however that the Garmin generally does a better job of guidance at multi lane exchanges.

Does Google Maps/Nav for iPhone not include the lane details? I dash mount my Android, along with running the sound through the sound system. It gives (I think) nice alerts as to which lane to be in or stay in on multiple lane highway interchanges. And, if you look, it has pictures to match.

Agree with the chorus of +1s for Wave and the original google rerouting software, which are now integrated in the mapping/navigation software. Interesting/nice to hear: "There is now a quicker route available, would you like to use it?"

P.S.--and also put me in the camp of liking to plan the trip with hard copy maps; we keep a Road Atlas in each vehicle for extreme detours, or to investigate interesting side jaunts.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:16 AM   #103
Give me a forum ...

When I used it a couple of years ago in Verona, Italy, it didn't give a lot of lane info for a big exchange.

Maybe it's improved since then or maybe it just didn't have enough data for that area.
explanade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #104
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by explanade View Post
When I used it a couple of years ago in Verona, Italy, it didn't give a lot of lane info for a big exchange.

Maybe it's improved since then or maybe it just didn't have enough data for that area.
Don't know about coverage in Italy... The lane information for the US, however, has improved vastly in the past 6 months. (May not have even carried it 2 years ago. That is the good/bad thing about google maps. Don't blink, or it will be a different interface with a ton more data--some of which you don't care about.)
Old 05-12-2015, 10:52 AM   #105
Give me a forum ...

I regret not bringing our Garmin with bean bag mount on the Atlanta trip. It was tough getting out of the airport at night with just the iPhone.