Would you go a year without toilet paper?

Remember seeing these in the novelty catalogs?

NoveltyElectricToiletTissue.jpg

Where do you find these things, Al?

Google images -- it never disappoints. Just searched for "electric toilet paper corncob."

I would at home because we have bidets. DH doesn't use any TP! I often do because it is quicker, but you do get cleaner with the bidet.

Being that I'm retired, I try to look for those opportunities to reduce my expenses.

In order to cut down on water/soap, I now wear my underwear an average of 4 days ;)...

I reverse it once (front to back) - two days
I turn it "inside out" - two days

In addition, I've started using both sides of TP. This means that instead of "4 sheets" I only need to use 2.

Hope these "savings tips" can be of use to you in these "rough times"....

- Ron :duh:

I would at home because we have bidets. DH doesn't use any TP! I often do because it is quicker, but you do get cleaner with the bidet.

Our toilet paper usage went way down once we installed washlets. Probably could have gone to zero-paper if we had gone for the "blow-dryer" option. Not sure that the extra power used would have really reduced the carbon footprint as compared to TP, though.

BTW, the Edo period equivalent of corn cobs was a length of rope. (An option for hemp fans?)

I hadn't heard the term "washlet" before so googled it. You can buy one for about $800 or $200 less if you don't want the wireless remote control. Maybe something to spend your stimulus rebate check on?

Toto SW553 Washlet
Product Details for Toto SW553

ROUND SEAT
• New, cleaner look featuring hidden cord design
• New reinforced base plate for enhanced durability
• Gentle Aerated Warm Water
Front and Rear Washing
Massage Feature with Cycling Motion
• Warm Air Drying with Variable Three-Temperature Setting
• Automatic Air Deodorizer
• Heated Seat with Temperature Control
• SoftClose® Antibacterial Seat
• Convenient Wireless Remote Control with Large LCD Panel​
• Docking Station for Easy Cleaning & Installation

I wonder if they know, or care, how environmentally unfriendly book publishing is. Typically publishers deliberately over print books and force them through the various distribution channels (via planes, trains, & automobiles). When said books fail to sell, the bookstores ship them back to the publisher (more planes, trains & automobiles) who then ships them (yet more planes, trains & automobiles) to the landfill. A highly wasteful system with a HUGE footprint.

Just FYI, I've noticed a direct correlation between increasing fiber intake and decreasing TP needs. I posit that, given enough fiber, stool becomes self-wiping.

Just FYI, I've noticed a direct correlation between increasing fiber intake and decreasing TP needs. I posit that, given enough fiber, stool becomes self-wiping.

yes, mid-poop break offs are very wasteful. perhaps a daily tablespoon of fiber and a good cup of coffee and we'd all be down to one wipe poopers...:D

yes, mid-poop break offs are very wasteful. perhaps a daily tablespoon of fiber and a good cup of coffee and we'd all be down to one wipe poopers...:D

I sense that this thread is taking a really crappy turn:eek:

I sense that this thread is taking a really crappy turn:eek:

Right! So everyone caught Modern Marvels on cable yesterday(fertilizer) - the part where the highly processed human poop made it to the fairways in New Jersey.

No word on the greens.

heh heh heh - one human produces enough fertilizer in his/her pee to fertilize a years worth of corn and wheat. Man you learn all kinds of stuff on cable - if it wasn't for this thread- the program would never have caught my eye. :rolleyes: ;).

Back
Top Bottom