Wow - Is this what it's like? (Only wor*ing 5 days this month)

Turn_the_Page

Recycles dryer sheets
It's been a great month! Taking some vacation and (ugh) a cold. Just looked at the calendar and I'll only work 5 days this month! Sweet! No worries here about being bored or whatever. Bring it on. I read an entire book in one week, instead of the usual "fall asleep after four pages".

Plan is next Spring. Announcement is the day after I get my 2015 bonus.

It's been a great month! Taking some vacation and (ugh) a cold. Just looked at the calendar and I'll only work 5 days this month! Sweet! No worries here about being bored or whatever. Bring it on. I read an entire book in one week, instead of the usual "fall asleep after four pages".

Plan is next Spring. Announcement is the day after I get my 2015 bonus.

Reading has been one of the great pleasures of retirement for me. While w*rking, I did read, but not nearly as much as I would like. Now, I am deep into three different titles that I spend about four hours a day reading. This doesn't include the case reading I am doing for school.

I agree that reading is one of the pleasures I now have time for. My local library knows me by name, now, as I'm in there at least once a week. (And like FlyBoy - this is on top of the schoolwork I'm doing - in my case Italian classes.)

I have rediscovered the library and go once a week. I'm delighted to be able to read any time I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

How did you manage only working 5 days?

It sounds like we are on the same plan ... ER on 4/1/16, right after the bonus gets deposited. Unfortunately, my job keeps growing with a larger team and more responsibilities. I wish I could give early notice and coast, but I think they would walk me out and I'd lose a six-figure check.

It is better than that. Working 5 days in a month sounds horrendous!

Consider this: retirement allows you the freedom to expand your capacity for goofing off!

I've been retired since mid-2008. I consider that, in terms of by skill base, I am still a work in progress. I intend to perfect this skill.

;-) Rita

Back
Top Bottom