1 down 9 to go.

davidsawallisch

Confused about dryer sheets
My first year is done as a fairly new investor, and saver in general I am happy to announce this year end we came in just $900 short of our goal of 30k. We have a plan for 2020 to hit the 65k mark by years end. We are living on a fairly small budget only making close to 48k together as a couple.

I would like to say though another major accomplishment for 2019 was my debt on credit cards cleared it has been one of the biggest changes in my life from borrowing money and paying a fee to loaning money and earning a fee. 2019 has been amazing and I thank my turn around to my fiance she started a small snowball down a hill that has been picking up speed and growing. She lead me to reading books I read Benjamin Graham, your money or your life, the millionaire nextdoor and countless others. And I watched FIRE the documentary and I've been sharing my new found passion with anyone willing to listen. I joined this website and search often for interesting content... also live the weekly emails with top topics.

My life truly has changed and my son to be wife and I have set a goal to be FI by 2029, we will be 35 and in a perfect spot financially.

I know this post isnt asking for opinions or advice but I wanted to share my success plans and dreams with you guys, and to have people help hold me accountable for year end results.

Congratulations and well done! With your degree of focus, and spousal support, financial independence will be yours eventually. Keep up the good work!

And that’s how it’s done. Congratulations! Keep your focus and before you know it you will have met your financial goal. Once there, you’ll feel really good about the options it opens up, including, but not limited to, retirement. Financial independence provides options. That’s a life changing feeling.

Good job. Make sure you keep the credit cards cleaned off and keep investing when the markets turn against us for while.

Great job! This site is a wonderful place to learn, keep reading and keep us updated.

Congrats and great job! I’d argue that the habits of saving and LBYM are more important than reaching some dollar amount goal for the year. You are planting the seeds of prosperity and it will be gratifying to reap those rewards down the road. Good luck to you going forward.

Don’t be discourage by the inevitable bad stock years that may set you back. 50% temporary loss must be part of your plan.

Congratulations. Getting out of debt is huge!

One caution is that a number of things can happen to derail plans over the course of 10 years - some unexpected good things and some not so good. But all of the steps you are taking will set you up to handle those surprises when they come.

Congratulation! 48k income for a couple is low but the achievement of paying off CC debt and managing to save 30k a year with that income takes some serious discipline.

Make sure you have 6months of emergency fund ready to go instead of putting all into investment. It's a question of when not if you are going to need that emergency fund for the next 9 years.

Congratulation! 48k income for a couple is low but the achievement of paying off CC debt and managing to save 30k a year with that income takes some serious discipline.

Make sure you have 6months of emergency fund ready to go instead of putting all into investment. It's a question of when not if you are going to need that emergency fund for the next 9 years.
Yes we have a low income by US standards but we are currently living in China so that helps offset the cost of living and my work offers free accommodation so as you can imagine that saves us a huge amount normally housing can be up to 30% of an income.

It is great to see younger people taking an interest in improving their financial freedom, and saving/investing to that goal. My son is 20 years old, and we have many discussions, about investment strategy....95% of his friends only care about spending every dime they can get, while my son has been saving thousands.

Well done. For books I recommend "Your Money and Your Brain" by Jason Zweig. It helped me through the Great Recession.

Back
Top Bottom