3 Years to Go!

Nords said:
Good luck with that. (Sheryl would note the lack of a sarcasm smiley face!)

Our 13-year-old is doing exactly the same thing with exactly the same expression.
I meant it'll work out of her, not him! ;)

Jarhead...I tell my wife its just 12 short years before we become stupid assholes, and just 24 short years before we become wonderful and get our brains back.

We're ready.

Jarhead* said:
Good luck to you, your wife and your "teenager", just remember, this too
will pass ;)

Jarhead

Having raised two boys I agree with Jarhead but would add to his statement.................."this too will pass" like a kidney stone.

Hurts like hell but you sure feel great when it is over. :D

do u mind sharing w/us.. your nest egg total, your game plane, your goal in 3 years, your income after re, your current income, your health care plan, oh your age.. i am all ears and would love to hear and learn something.

ton of congrats

enuff

Enuff2Eat said:

do u mind sharing w/us.. your nest egg total, your game plane, your goal in 3 years, your income after re, your current income, your health care plan, oh your age.. i am all ears and would love to hear and learn something.

ton of congrats

enuff

Sure, anything else you want to know? :LOL:

I'll be 35 in May, so if I stick to the 3 year plan I'll call it quits a few months shy of my 38th birthday. I'm aiming for a ~3.3% withdrawal rate and plan to live on something like $90K +/-, including a $15-20K travel budget and $10K for health insurance. With freelance income I expect our actual withdrawal rate to be somewhere in the low 2% area or lower - at least for the first several years.

The game plan is for me to avoid losing my job, or taking a severe pay cut, over the next three years and for my wife to continue building her freelance contacts. We're also focusing more on the expense side of our equation, something we've never really paid too much attention to until recently. I'm pretty sure we can cut quite a bit from our expenses without really sacrificing that much. We'll be testing this theory over the next few years.

3 Yrs to Go said:
Sure, anything else you want to know? :LOL:

I'll be 35 in May, so if I stick to the 3 year plan I'll call it quits a few months shy of my 38th birthday. I'm aiming for a ~3.3% withdrawal rate and plan to live on something like $90K +/-, including a $15-20K travel budget and $10K for health insurance. With freelance income I expect our actual withdrawal rate to be somewhere in the low 2% area or lower - at least for the first several years.

Very impressive portfolio! Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom