A little personal horn tooting: Passed my PHR Exam!

Fireup2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Whew! Finally over! Saturday, I passed the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification examination. First time I ever paid to take a 4.5 hr test!! :cool:

Still waiting on US Navy Reserve Chief results to be out (sometime this week according to rumors) to find out if the beatings will begin this summer for a couple months or not (there is an initiation process involved with this promotion...)

And packing for Navy Reserve mobilization to Norfolk, VA for the next year - leaving next week. :eek: :rant:

Also waiting on graduate school acceptance letter....

Just a few stress inducing pie pieces going on here...:duh: but - it's all good!! Looking forward to more time to read and post here :)

Good for you on passing. Having taken painful professional exams that cost money, I definately hear you on that end of things.

So are you permanently relocating to Norfolk?

So are you permanently relocating to Norfolk?

No, will be living on base for the next 12 mos, while maintaining my place here in NJ. Just a regular military mobilization - just glad I am staying stateside, and managed to keep my caboose on the same coast so I will be able to make it home some weekends I am not working. BF will also be coming down occasionally.

Doesn't sound terrible then. Certainly better than getting shipped off overseas.

And I hear there are some good beer bars in the DC area...

Your plate's sure full, isn't it? Congratulations on passing the exam! :D

Ah, Chief's Initiation, where the Official Coffee Mugs are passed on to the new khaki's. ;)

My wife passed her PHR two years ago and received close to a 25% raise when she passed. The PHR can clearly open some doors not seen before the certification.

Gawd that brought back memories of the CFP exam--4.5 hours is a loooonng time to sit there with the #2 pencil in hand--the CFP was 10 hours over two days so I know the feeling.
Good for you! It will feel like you got your life back when you realize that you don't have to study every waking moment. :)
Have fun packing!

Congrats! As an SPHR myself, I appreciate the accomplishment (personally, I think your PHR is harder than an SPHR!). Nice to see fellow HR folks on this board!

Excellent, congratulations, now they can start paying you what you're worth!

Still waiting on US Navy Reserve Chief results to be out (sometime this week according to rumors) to find out if the beatings will begin this summer for a couple months or not (there is an initiation process involved with this promotion...)
Hey, show your initiative! Post your charge book to a website now and e-mail the URL to all your best-buddy CPOs. Tell them to get a head start on signing it so that they won't have to stand in line after the results are announced... and then tell them that they have to give you time off from their morning workout program for your commissioning interviews...

And packing for Navy Reserve mobilization to Norfolk, VA for the next year - leaving next week. :eek: :rant:
Where the #$%^ are all the Norfolk Reservists? Have they already been mobilized to New Jersey duty stations?

I know that the "new" Reserves involves more frequent mobilizations, but this is gonna be a step down in your quality of life. Hopefully you're left alone in your quarters, not shuffled from one space-A room to another, and not commuting. But maybe this will give you a head start on "joint". And if you ask really politely, maybe they'll let you test-wear dress khakis in September.

Are you sure you can't get mobilized out here, where the CPO selectees do their workouts at White Plains Beach?

Back
Top Bottom