A milestone and "thank you"

Chonder

Dryer sheet wannabe
I just realized yesterday that between my 401k, my member directed PERS account, and my 457b deferred comp account, I recently passed the 150K mark. Yay for me and DW!!!
This isn't net worth, just all the tax deferred retirement. NW is higher.

Thanks to all of you for your contributions on this forum, because the info I've gained will make the next 150K will go much quicker.
I am 38, and have only been saving ~10 years. Only got serious a year ago when I stumbled on this site and have been streamlining the finances ever since. Thanks again.

Congratulations!!!! That is an amazing feeling....I recently crossed the 150K mark myself and it is a wonderful feeling!
Here's to the next $150K!!!!

Nicely done Chonder!

Congrats, the feelings one experiences when things start coming together make the effort involved worthwhile. Before you know it you will be talking about your upcoming retirement date.

Congratulations!!!

Just curious (since I'm new to this site) which info did you find most useful?

Great job! This site has probably gained me tens of thousands of $$$ over the last 3 years, between investment gains and expense/fee avoidance. Closing in on 150 myself! :)

Keep going. You should be able to reach $1M (or close to it) in 10 years.

Congratulations!!!

Just curious (since I'm new to this site) which info did you find most useful?

Freeline,
Alot of basic stuff that wasn't basic to me. Low cost funds, the 72t rule, articles pointed out, inspiration from all walks of life, asset allocation, tax strategy, home buying, home selling, exit strategies, insurance options, the list goes on and on. Real problems, real people, real solutions.
Getting to see how other real people made their decisions and seeing the point/counterpoint of these issues allowed me to pick the solution that fit my personality.
I just browsed through the thread topics and hit any that sounded interesting. I spent weeks of interested lurking before joining the site. Later on, when I had a question, I did a search.

Back
Top Bottom