Another day at the ER office

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I went to the office today. This is where I had lunch. It was a tough day 11 miles round trip and 6 or 7 hour day.
As you can see the office is quite large with good views all around - no cublicals here.
It is called Murphy's loop in Canyonlands NP

Photo

Attachments

• post.jpg
    post.jpg
    639.4 KB · Views: 28
Wow, Dex, that is beautiful!!!

Lots more beautiful than eating lunch in one's cubicle at work. :D

Utah?

Reminds me of a place where an "earth" artist did some giant project, using a bulldozer. I'll have to look it up.

Thanks, Dex, even us retirees enjoy this kind of thread.

I find it difficult to photograph desert scenes; especially at midday. The golden hours are a bit easier.

It is difficult to capture what the desert is all about - it isn't the scenery so much as the silence and raw nature.

What is great and scary about this type of hike is that you are hiking on switchbacks with narrow trails where a twist of the ankle could put you over and down a long way. Also, I have a fear of heights and am doing it alone.

It is great to be physically fit and have the proper equipment to make these type of hikes.

I post it here so that those working towards ER know what it is all about. Being young enough to enjoy what you want to do.

Attachments

• DSCF1595.JPG
    DSCF1595.JPG
    625.9 KB · Views: 21
wow; love that last picture. Not much terrain like that on the gulf coast! :nonono:

t.r.

Dex, I really like your office. I'm going to have to work harder on getting my credentials so I can have an office like yours.:D

R

PS: are you on the road with your trailer?

Last edited:
Canyonlands is one of my favorite places.
Not too hot there yet I hope.

Thanks for the pics.

Free to Canoe

Don't forget to wear a Tilley hat and sunscreen! ;)

Back
Top Bottom