Another take on dryer sheets

zerogravity

Recycles dryer sheets
So tonight our daughter#1 DD1 who is home from college was lighting one ( of the many) Yankee candles that she owns
She is not allowed to use them in the dorms because of the open flame so they all get used at home. Tonight we were treated to the essence of pine forest. Quite relaxing I must say.

In the process of trying to light the candles , she broke several of the wooden matchsticks from the box. She buys her matchsticks in fancy decorative boxes that are much more expensive than the old standbys sold at the grocery.
Stay with me here... If you are of a certain age you would recall when matchsticks did not Fetch a price of $6 per box.
So we are watching the young one break match after match. DH says "l think you should save the broken ones and fix them back together so they can be used!"

DD actually stopped and put the broken ones aside for repair and so began an entire conversation about the merits of saving or reusing an object she thought was designed to break and be disposable.

DH and I talked about the premise of frugal living and it was a great learning point for her. We have always been all about do it yourself, make it work, stretch the dollar and it has helped us survive the recession and be set for an awesome stress free retirement .

To all of the young dreamers out there.

--ZG

Last edited:
Yeah, I know.

I just got this mental image of all those busted off matchsticks and watching her apply a drop of Elmer's to the little ends and pressing them together, rotating and gently blowing to help them dry.

Yeah, I know.

Back
Top Bottom