Anybody look at becoming clergy...

Wow, I guess I didnt consider the financial implications....maybe a FIRE and Money topic;) To the folks that mentioned it being a "calling"...I am somewhat surprised with my friend doing this since it does seem like such a big turnaround...

Close your eyes, and [-]drink[/-] say three [-]bloody[/-] Hail Marys...

I am quite active in my church (UCC/Congregational) and have given an occasional idle thought to becoming a minister, but I'm fairly certain I never will. I think I could handle the preaching just fine, but I doubt that I would be any good at pastoral care.

Last edited:
Before we got married my husband had always wanted to be an Episcopal minister. He was in college going for a Social Work degree and planning on going to seminary after we got married. But somewhere along the line he realized it wasn't going to work out quite right......

He stayed in the Social Work field. He's also a member of the "ordained by the Universal Life Church" club.

I wish I had joined this forum earlier...I think I missed a lot of good stories. :p

Mmmm hmmm.

My username was "El Guapo" for a good period of time about...eh...3 years ago? Maybe more?

Back
Top Bottom