Anyone have sharebuilder?

david90

Confused about dryer sheets
I want to open a ROTH IRA and use it to buy TIPS. Which online broker except for vanguard and scottrade that will let me do this?

I opened a sharebuilder account but they're not a TIPS broker.

Can't answer your question, but know my Personal Investing college professor used Sharebuilder and really encouraged us to use them. Supposed to be an excellent group to purchase from. Just adding my little two cents of what I know.

I use them for some taxable equity positions - never looked at TIPS through them

I have a couple hundred thousand invested through Sharebuilder. In that account, I have 140 shares of iShares Barcleys TIPS Bond Funds (TIP). It that what you are looking for?

I'm pretty sure the OP wants to buy individual bonds as most all brokers will let you buy the etf TIP, the mutual fund VIPSX, as well as others from Schwab, PIMCO, et al.

I've used both Vanguard and ETrade to purchase TIPS bonds (at auction).

I'm pretty sure the OP wants to buy individual bonds as most all brokers will let you buy the etf TIP, the mutual fund VIPSX, as well as others from Schwab, PIMCO, et al.

Of course.:blush:

I have a couple hundred thousand invested through Sharebuilder. In that account, I have 140 shares of iShares Barcleys TIPS Bond Funds (TIP). It that what you are looking for?

Thanks. I'll look into that.

How come sharebuilder doesn't let you buy individual bonds?

I want to open a ROTH IRA and use it to buy TIPS. Which online broker except for vanguard and scottrade that will let me do this?

I opened a sharebuilder account but they're not a TIPS broker.
\

I own various issues of TIPS in my IRA at Schwab. No commission to buy at auction. Easy to use web site to buy at auction or in the secondary market.

Back
Top Bottom