End of year windfall-for next 9 years- another home?

Foodeefish

Dryer sheet aficionado
I am 46 years old, no debt and I will receive after taxes $26,000 each year for the next nine years. This is due to a defered compensation payout.

What would you do with this money if you had zero debt, in a high tax bracket, and your income is too high for a taxed deferred IRA?

:eek:

A Beemer?

Just kidding, but not enough info regarding current savings, income, living cost and ER plans to comment.

Assuming the income is available to invest, I would look at my asset allocation and use it to rebalance as needed. This would go into a taxable account, so I would add to my ETFs: SPY, MDY, IWM, VBR, DLS, VEU, VWO which are reasonably tax efficient in the asset classes that needed the money. I have REITs, TIPs, other bonds in my tax-deferred accounts, so none of this money would go into fixed income per se.

Since this comes from a deferred compensation package, is there any way to keep it tax-deferred, perhaps by a 1035 exchange? We need to find a tax accountant that can help.

Consult a competent tax accountant. You might just be stuck paying the tax man, but I bet a sharp accountant could figure out a way to shelter some of it.

Then invest the remainder in beever-chee3e futures, preferably levered. Or give it to Chapman Capital to manage and try not to pee yourself laughing when you read their investor letters.

Help me tax accountant please !!!!!!!!

I actually have the 525 beemer and I paid cash for it. I am 46 my wife is 52 and we make over $250K.

- $100K in CDs
- $600K in 401K and IRAs
- House is paid for worth conservatively $700K
- Retirement land paid for in cash
- Retirement home to build in South Carolina - max $350K
- Moving from Maryland to Wagener South Carolina when we ER
- Will work only to get Benefits when we move south- but we will work
- No Kids

Thanks

Wow, well sounds like you don't need it! Maybe give it to charity? :2funny:

I would probably invest it in real estate. It sounds like you are fiscally responsible, so taking on some debt might actually be a good thing because it allows you to leverage your returns. At the end of the day it just depends on your risk tolerance.

Back
Top Bottom