Got my nw to 50k today!

Congrats to the both of you!

I'm 35 now, and was about were you both where 10 years ago. I started out 26K in debt at 21, and did it alone through saving. It does become an addiction, and it does get easier!

My parents say that I don't enjoy life enough... I enjoy it just fine, but they don't understand that living beyond my means and being in Debt (like I was in college) is not conducive to the (healthy) financial lifestyle that I want to live. Plus, I want to do other things when I retire from the military in 7 years.
In short, pursue YOUR goals.

By the way early last year I surpassed my latest goal of 500k, and was so very, very excited about that... So much so, that I'm planning on doing it again this year , what with my portfolio dipping below 500K after the "minor setback" of the last 10 months.

Pokeyjack.

Congratulations! So impressive that you saved that much and you're only 27. What percentage of your income do you save? Do you pay rent? Own your own home? Please post again when you hit the $100K mark so we can all celebrate with you.

500K is quite impressive. Congrats. If you are an officer, this is understandable, but still a worthy achievement. If you're enlisted, that is off the charts amazing and you should write a book--or at least conduct seminars for the other enlisted in your branch.

Congrats to the both of you!

I'm 35 now, and was about were you both where 10 years ago. I started out 26K in debt at 21, and did it alone through saving. It does become an addiction, and it does get easier!

My parents say that I don't enjoy life enough... I enjoy it just fine, but they don't understand that living beyond my means and being in Debt (like I was in college) is not conducive to the (healthy) financial lifestyle that I want to live. Plus, I want to do other things when I retire from the military in 7 years.
In short, pursue YOUR goals.

By the way early last year I surpassed my latest goal of 500k, and was so very, very excited about that... So much so, that I'm planning on doing it again this year , what with my portfolio dipping below 500K after the "minor setback" of the last 10 months.

Pokeyjack.

Back
Top Bottom