Got my nw to 50k today!

Mill

Recycles dryer sheets
Ive been looking forward to this number for awhile, and wanted to celebrate tonight, but Im stuck in Central Arkansas on storm work. (oh well...overtime:)) With todays paycheck it pushed up to $51459! Man that took forever. But I remember when I hit 10k, it was like 50k was a dream. Saving money really is motivating! Im really at the mercy of the market now, but the goal is 100k by March of 2011.

...not entirely sure why I felt the need to post this thread, but I just had to tell some one.:greetings10:

Hey congratulations and keep up the good work.

Great work.... we all were there at one point and time....

Make it a habit... and watch the money grow over the years... with a few 'down' times like the last year.... and also 1987....

Even with the last year... I am ahead of the game... and look forward to the market rebound whenever it comes (if you do not count the last few months)...

Mill, how wonderful to have reached that goal!! I agree - - saving money can be a lot of fun. :D

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congrats!

I think we post items like this because we want to share the good news, and too often the ones we love and work with are financially clueless and can not comprehend or appreciate our effort to make the milestones. You are on a good path toward financial independence and may you continue to set and achieve your goals!

Well done, that is quite an achievement. You will be amazed how it will snowball from $50k to your next goal.

Ive been looking forward to this number for awhile, and wanted to celebrate tonight, but Im stuck in Central Arkansas on storm work. (oh well...overtime:)) With todays paycheck it pushed up to $51459! Man that took forever. But I remember when I hit 10k, it was like 50k was a dream. Saving money really is motivating! Im really at the mercy of the market now, but the goal is 100k by March of 2011.

...not entirely sure why I felt the need to post this thread, but I just had to tell some one.:greetings10:
Feels good doesn't it, good for you! Stick with it, the numbers grow faster and faster if you do - although there will be occasional setback (like now). You're definitely on the right track, and you'll be richly rewarded (pun intended) in time!

Wow--amazing! The best part is you are enjoying having the savings more than the things the savings could have bought. And the more you save, the more it will grow in the future.

.... Im really at the mercy of the market now, but the goal is 100k by March of 2011....

Peeked at your profile, says you are 27, wow, that really is an impressive accomplishment. At your age I wouldn't worry about the mercy of the market, easy for me to say.;) When I first started investing, there was an immediate drop in value but the old saw, "there is time to recover" held true for me. PF went on to recover from several other downturns, two of them large hits on a bigger PF.

So you will double your money in less than one year, is that mostly by adding a high percentage of income? Tell us how you celebrate, after the storm is over. Hope your budget leaves room to enjoy life now.

Congrats! I recently hit $100K at age 29. It looks like your on pace to do the same. I'd say that's pretty impressive for people like us with low incomes(mid $40's/yr). Keep it up.

Hey, CuppaJoe, sounds like these young folks need 2 mentors. I'm not busy, are you? :cool:

Just kidding :LOL:...you two are doing great and definitely moving in the right directions.

Well done both of you! $50K is worth more than many houses and most cars. (Not that I'm suggesting you go out and spend it, now!!!) Great start, keep it up!

:flowers::flowers:

Congratulations "your focus determines your reality" keep up the good work.:D

Congratulations! You'll find the second 50 will be easier than the first, and the third easier than the 2nd and so on...

Outstanding! Great goal! Keep investing toward your goal. Grab (and invest) all the overtime you can while you're young...it gets harder and harder to put in those extra hours.

congratulations! it feels good, doesn't it? Keep plugging away and don't worry about the market. Time is on your side.

Congrats! I recently hit $100K at age 29. It looks like your on pace to do the same. I'd say that's pretty impressive for people like us with low incomes(mid $40's/yr). Keep it up.

Both you and Mill should be proud of your accomplishment. It's not easy, considering both income and societal pressure. Job well done.

I have my taxes done with a CPA that I like using. I talked to her a bit about financial stuff... others things I might look to do etc. When I told her how much I had saved, invested... my age etc... She looked at me and said... "Wow... you need to relax a bit here..." That is when I knew I was on the right track... :)

Congrats on your achievement... may there be many more comming soon...

Back
Top Bottom