Has anyone told their boss to take this job and shove it?

The fantasies are great - and help relieve some stress.

I have on 2-3 occasions now, just walked out - temporarily. I've told the secretary, "something's come up, I'll be gone until tomorrow." Say you're sick if you have to. Once I went shopping, once I sat in a coffee shop with a newspaper for two hours, once I went home and cried.

Either way, I just removed myself from something that felt like I would explode if I didn't. But that doesn't solve the long term question, of course.

brewer12345 said:

I heard on This American Life on public radio a week or so ago about how common it is for people to take a dump in inappropriate places--maybe to express their displeasure. Department stores. Places of work. Etc. When I was in college and worked in the kitchen of a nursing home, we would on occassion get plates with poop on them. :confused:

Jay_Gatsby said:
I was absolutely rolling when reading that... >:D

My dog used to do that too.....rolling in it that is. :D

I too enjoyed the story. I used to imagine my boss and her boss dealing with these kinds of "presents" on their desks. It was a very enjoyable train of thought.

I wonder if it is a nice gift for the boss for the season - just make his/her office has solid walls and door and close it after the delivery.

This is a sensitive subject to me. I worked for a man (more than one, actually; this one was the catalyst, though) that I wanted to kill and I was taking my anger home with me. My wife sent me to an anger management course at a local community college and it changed my life. I STRONGLY recommend it for people under job stress.

I found that many of the others in the course had much worse situations than I did and it helped to put my problems into perspective. People whose marriages were on the rocks, people who were there under court order, etc. (Our area police and courts were very pro-active on the subject of domestic violence and have a nationally known program.)

One part of the course is to write down the things that are important to me in my life. Again, it put the work-place trouble into perspective. These are things we know already but writing them down solidifies them magically.

There is also role-playing and learning how to fight fair, among other things.

A friend later told me about going to a Marriage Encounter weekend through his church and they seemed to be identical programs, just different packaging. I do not think I could go through it in front of people I knew.

Depression is anger turned inwards. This is a warning sign.

Do not allow yourself to suffer. Find an anger management course and go. You will take back your life.

In the mean time, do not have a fit at work. Take a break when you feel the urge coming on. Do not confront.

Good luck,

Ed

Ed_The_Gypsy said:
In the mean time, do not have a fit at work.  Take a break when you feel the urge coming on.  Do not confront.

Or you could just crap all over the place.

Cube Rat,

Hang in there buddy! Agree with Nord's don't give 'em that satisfaction of seeing your anger.

Can you "triangulate"? In other words, who is another influential person in the office and can you impress/get the approval of him or her? If another player in the organization likes you -preferably senior to your problem supervisor- it makes it more difficult for him/her to can you.

Then sit back and coast for awhile. At least until you find a better position. Don't let that p@@@@ ruin your attitude.

Living well truly is the best revenge :D

Lance

MRGALT2U said:
This is so true!  I should have it tatooed on my ass.  :)

JG

In that case, you'd be better off tattooing an X-marks the spot with an arrow and the words "You Are Here". That way, people will know exactly where they stand with you.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my a@@... :p

MRGALT2U said:
This is so true!  I should have it tatooed on my ass.  :)

JG

JG
Not such a good day here at the office (why am I still working?). Two thoughts. First, you crack me up. Second, is there room?
udz

MRGALT2U said:
Ditto. He took it well I thought. :)

JG

Hi JG

I took it better than most! I knew it was time to hang it up. My family and employees needed convincing :)

Just calm down cube, Ive been there and done that with a bad boss. You just gotta know how to properly handle them.

Take a few days off, and go to a shrink a get a few prescriptions, try to get some anti-psychotics. It doesnt mean you have to take them, just fill the scripes, and put them in several large vials with the label, ANTI-Psychotics, so you'll know what yer taking.

Start reading magazines to get yer mind off of the problem, gun magazines to be sure, perhaps a few back issues of Guns and Ammo, they got great center folds of all sorts of automatic stuff. Just love it!!!! AK-47 is my favorite.

Now when you feel better, go back to work, relax, but make sure to bring your magazines and keep your meds out in case you feel sick. Put your magazines around your desk in case you need to distract yourself.

AS you feel better, paste the centerfolds up around your cubical so you'll have something to look at. You need to keep your mind off of the problems. I happen to admire the mechanical aspect of these weapons, they amaze me. Its good to sit back and admire these weapons, smile as you look at them.

Check your med vials now and then to make sure no one has tampered with them, shake the vials now and then.

I also found that if you sit there, and smile a bit with your eyes wide open and your front teeth sticking out, the depression you feel will ease up, do this every five minutes at work.

Everything else will take care of itself. works all the time.
You'll be fine, but your boss will start complaining bout nitemares, pay the sucker no mind.

juggy

cube_rat said:
Because you absolutely had it with the BS?  Please tell your story to convice me NOT to make a hastie move today.  My sane self tells me I must find something else before telling everyone to shove it.  My insane self wants to walk out of mega corp with both middle fingers standing erect in the air.

Cube, all kidding aside, but I hear you, I really do and Ive been in this situation and over a prolonged period of time it can really mess up your mental and physical health. Ive studied workplace abuse and bullying until it came out of my ears. So here are some websites built by some really knowledgable people.

http://www.bullyonline.org/

http://home.netcom.com/~workfam1/

Read some of the essays on the second site, they will give you good insight why alot of people want ER.

Its strange, but most american people are not really honest with themselves, since they buy into the BS that we must put our nose to the grindstone and work our asses off for the man. We were not made to do this, not made to work 8 hours a day, and commute, and take care of a home. We were made to take care of our bodies and minds.

think about it. This is why we are ERing, our inner self is telling us to get out before it's too late. Read the essays in the second site, it tells it all.
jugster

Back
Top Bottom