Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-25-2008, 06:39 AM   #81
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

There are also lots of examples for nice low budget weddings at www.stretcher.com or www.slnet.com's forums.
No need to get into debt if you both like the same style.
By the way, they say that length of marriage and wedding cost are inversely proportional.....

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #82

Gaaaaaahhh!:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/fa...61a&ei=5087%0A

Quote:
Becky Lee, 39, a Manhattan photographer, declined when a friend asked her — and five other attendants — to have their breasts enhanced. “We’re all Asian and didn’t have a whole lot of cleavage, and she found a doctor in L.A. who was willing to do four for the price of two,” said Ms. Lee, who wore a push-up bra instead.

Dr. Fardad Forouzanpour, a cosmetic surgeon in Beverly Hills, Calif., said his business has increased more than 40 percent since he began offering what he calls Bridal Beauty Buffets in 2006.

Two weeks ago, Health Travel Guides, a medical tourism company, exhibited at the Dallas Bridal Show for the first time. “We received 30 requests for quotes among the bridal show attendees — mostly for plastic surgery such as liposuction and breast augmentation,” said Sandra Miller, the company’s chief marketing officer. “But also many for cosmetic dentistry and inquiries for providing quotes for bachelorette getaways that will feature beauty treatments.”

A bride’s request that you whiten your grayish teeth can strain a relationship. Samantha Goldberg, a wedding planner in Chester, N.J., recalled a bride who asked her attendants to get professionally spray-tanned for a Hawaiian-theme reception.

Alas, two women were claustrophobic and couldn’t bear standing in a tanning capsule. “They asked the bride if they could use regular tanning cream from a salon,” Ms. Goldberg said. The bride refused; she wanted everyone to be the same shade. The women ultimately declined to be bridesmaids.
This article almost makes me ashamed to be female.
My question is less "who are these women and how did they get like this?", than "who would want to marry them?"

Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #83
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Wow, Wedding Boobs. Thats even better than wedding tattoos!
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 AM   #84
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
Went to a judge I knew, brought along Greg's bro, the bro's wife and my sis and did the deed.
In front of everyone? Dang, horndogs, get a room!

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #85
Full time employment: Posting here.

Wow....what happened to just sharing your day with important others as you tie the knot? I would never do any type of plastic surgery to be a bridesmaid for anyone!
I guess they will not be retiring anytime soon especially after footing the bill for botox and liposuction!
BTW....a couple of my friends have already started getting botox and they are only 35!
I am going to age naturally!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #86
Moderator Emeritus

But there are no amusing stories about the vast, VAST majority of completely normal happy weddings and brides and grooms (or people who manage to pay their bills every month)--thanks, NYT and other mainstream media!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #87
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Wow, Wedding Boobs. Thats even better than wedding tattoos!
Well...if the bride and groom are paying and you were thinking about it anyway....
Old 07-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #88
Give me a forum ...

As usual, DW and I continue to oversimplify things. We figured that if we wanted a big wedding and could afford, we'd do it. If we didn't want and big wedding or couldn't afford it, we wouldn't. Worked for us.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #89
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewill View Post
Well...if the bride and groom are paying and you were thinking about it anyway....
Nah. If I had boobs I'd never get anything done.

I'll just have to settle for the boobs that hang around here.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #90
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
I'll just have to settle for the boobs that hang around here.

Now, that's a ballsy statement.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwonderfulwyoming View Post
Now, that's a ballsy statement.
Great comeback!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:49 PM   #92

Well....I guess that is the gift that keeps on giving...but she doesnt need a pair, what she's got is more than enough for meBTW, I have been asking her what she wants and she says "no bells and whistles"..So far so good...