Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #81
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

It comes out of habit more than decisions.

I am in the habit of setting aside 10% of what I make. I am in habit of avoiding debt.

These two habits will fix most of my other spending issues. I am far from a perfect saver and do spend money on wasted things once in a while.

The things I enjoy are also quite simple. I am quite content to sit around a bonfire and drink Sam Adams White Ale (if you like beer, I strongly recomend SAWA).

I also enjoy spending time with my wife doing anything in particular.

For me it's a matter of habits and simplicity. I don't let others tell me what to do, think, spend on etc... That also goes a long way.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2008, 11:51 AM   #82

Tell me more about the white ale, jIMOh! I like IPAs best, but always ready to try something new!
And you are right about habit and simplicity.

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #83
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Tell me more about the white ale, jIMOh! I like IPAs best, but always ready to try something new!
And you are right about habit and simplicity.
Sam Adams white ale is their seasonal brew (I believe they have 4-6 different seasonal brews). It's in a green box at your beverage store of choice. My guess is it will be for sale until around Memorial day, when a different seasonal brew comes out.

It has to be one of 3 best beers I have ever tasted. Haupferhaus here in cincy has a good german wheat beer, and schnitzelbak in Jasper, IN has a good local brew too. White ale is up there with both.

If you are in Ohio, my fridge is stocked with it, give me a call. Thank god for that second fridge in garage.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #84

Thanks jiMOh--Too far to go for beer, I'm afraid! But I'm going to the beer superstore to lay in shockingly large supplies for St. Pat's this weekend and will look for it there! Got to get the Irish Car bomb supplies plus plain old Guinness for the die-hards.
But that is a strong endorsement so I'll be sure to put some in the mix for Saturday!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote