How much do you spend on clothes?

Is there a more approprate thread to post quotes? I guess my favorites have to do with prioritizing time and money. One more and I'll quit.

Money is something we choose to trade our life energy for. Our life energy is our allotment of time here on earth, the hours of precious life available to us. When we go to our jobs we are trading our life energy for money. [...]

Our life energy is more real in our actual experience than money. You could even say money equals life energy. So, while money has no intrinsic reality, our life energy does — at least to us. It’s tangible, and it’s finite. Life energy is all we have. It is precious because it is limited and irretrievable and because our choices about how we use it express the meaning and purpose of our time here on Earth.

Found at Amazon.com: Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Revised and Updated for the 21st Century (9780143115762): Vicki Robin, Joe Dominguez, Monique Tilford: Books

Thanks REWahoo. I'm trying to learn how to post "correctly" and eliminate annoying newbie habits.

If you'd like to continue posting favorite quotations, we can spin your posts above off into a new thread. Or start your own new thread and we will move these posts over for you.

I spend about $150/year on clothes, and about $40/year on shoes. $60/year is my normal casual clothing budget, and $90/year has been going towards needing to buy a couple suits and five dress shirts for work...work is going to end up being 80% of what I have spent money on for clothes eventually...:(

I just had a good clothes shopping day yesterday. dh2b's w*rk shirts are starting to look pretty ragged around the collar. So I hit a Label Shopper store on a whim and caught a "warehouse sale". I scored 6 short sleeves, all name brand, for $42 including tax. Most expensive was $9, least was $6. Not seconds, not damaged, just priced really cheap to get them off the rack. :D

work is going to end up being 80% of what I have spent money on for clothes eventually...:(

Me too. But hey, now I know why when I was a kid all the old-timers walked around in dress shirts and slacks. That'll probably be me in a few years. :LOL:

(Actually, I've already taken my old dress shirts to our country cottage and use them when I'm out in the fields ... I seem to fit in already with the old-timers when I'm there ...)

Back
Top Bottom