I just hit $200K

rw86347

Recycles dryer sheets
On May 17, 1999 I started seriously saving for retirement. In October of 2005, I had saved a total of $100,000. Today July 11th, 2007 I have saved $201,733.26!

My networth is now at just over $400,000, not including my carwash.O0

Not a millionaire yet, but here I come!

RW

Congrats !!! I started saving in late '98. With the 2000-2003 market it took awhile to get going. Keep up the good work !

Mudd

One of the fun landmarks to achieve is when your investment earnings exceed your contributions (and eventually, they exceed your anticipated expenses). Compounding really starts to become noticeable.

Good work!

Congrats. Doubling your money in 2 years (2005 to now)! Keep this up and you would be millionaire in 5 years!

One of the fun landmarks to achieve is when your investment earnings exceed your contributions (and eventually, they exceed your anticipated expenses)

... and ultimately when your investment earnings exceeds your gross income!

Congratulations!!!!
You are definitely an inspiration for me!!!

One of the fun landmarks to achieve is when your investment earnings exceed your contributions (and eventually, they exceed your anticipated expenses). Compounding really starts to become noticeable.

Good work!

Perhaps I'm misreading the OP, but it does seem like you are completely misconstruing what he has said. He has saved 200k in 8 years, about 25k a year, which is very impressive. No where does he mention his investment earnings though, unless OP wants to correct me. Either way congrats!

P.S. How old are you? I'm guessing around 33? Have you put any money into the market? Or is it all in high yield savings accounts?

Looks to me that he got to $100K in 6 years (99-05) and got that to $200 in 2 years (05-07) or doubled savings in 2 years. Excellent saving @ $50K a year. In any even very good.

Good job...what car wash? I am always interested in this side businesses....

On May 17, 1999 I started seriously saving for retirement. In October of 2005, I had saved a total of $100,000. Today July 11th, 2007 I have saved $201,733.26!

My networth is now at just over $400,000, not including my carwash.O0

RW

Your savings pace and the increasing nature of it are fenomenal.

Good luck, I look forward to your $500K post in 2008!

Back
Top Bottom