Join Early Retirement Today

I was 'a young dreamer' once...
Old 08-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

I was 'a young dreamer' once...

But, I didn't have a 'mentor' (father?) to help me decide 'on the potential paths.'

Fast forward; I like 'to mentor' mentor-less young ones as to how I would've liked to be mentored.

.....working on 'an instruction' manual/guide.

Of course it'll be for FREE!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Dryer sheet aficionado

Good plan! I have thought about doing the same once I am at least semi-retired and have more free time. The world needs more of this.

Old 08-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchas View Post
Good plan! I have thought about doing the same once I am at least semi-retired and have more free time. The world needs more of this.
I think maybe you missed the post where he lamented about "going after 'hole-in-the-wall/mediocre' careers" rather than finding something that would make him rich. And maybe you also missed the part where he talked about making up for lost time: "Forex...will be my salvation."

One can only imagine what his "instruction guide/manual" might advocate.

Hope your plans for mentoring are a centered a bit more on reality.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:16 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
I think maybe you missed the post where he lamented about "going after 'hole-in-the-wall/mediocre' careers" rather than finding something that would make him rich. And maybe you also missed the part where he talked about making up for lost time: "Forex...will be my salvation."

One can only imagine what his "instruction guide/manual" might advocate.

Hope your plans for mentoring are a centered a bit more on reality.
What are the odds he begins the instruction by pulling out a Kiyosaki book?

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
Confused about dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchas View Post
There's tons of information/potential guidance for young ones by those that have walked the burning coals and are at an age where they know 'a thing or two' that the younger generations could decide (when and if they confront such bridge) to take or pass.

Any information or suggestions are better than none, just as any plan is better than no plan at all.

I's funny that when your thinking of something that, -that you're thinking of, all of a sudden presents itself.

While browsing through the book section (I'm a book worm) this book title jumps in my face: The Path To Purpose, Helping our children Find Their Calling in Life.

When laying out/presenting the part on financials I'd recommend they read the book: Think and Grow Rich plus others.

When laying out/presenting examples on earning money I'd go from the extremes:

Income method number one: STEALING. It's the easiest income method and the odds of them getting caught/ending up in jail most of their lives is (I'd give them my guesstimate though advise them to research the subject themselves) 90%-95% against them.

Methods #2 through #99 I'll skip for this occasions......

Method number 100: My favorite, if it weren't so boring, (I'm a hands-on type of individual) a source where 'this one guy' made ONE BILLION dollars in ONE day!

This one is 'the new kid' in town. Many have heard its 'title' but few understand it, -It's/was a bankers game.

Ten, twelve years ago 'the bankers' would tell you, -sure,! you can play with us, -you got $100 million to put on the table?

...on this one I'd present them with the process, detailing the basics, -with the warning that if they cannot tolerate being in a pool of sharks, to STAY CLEAR! That the odds of loosing more than their shirt are 99.99% against them.

....Las Vegas and the horse races give MUCH BETTER odds!

Anyway, for anyone thinking of "Helping Our Children Find Their Calling in Life," read the book: The Path to Purpose -by William Damon.

God Bless all!
Old 08-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Visiting my state with all the other pot birds, are we?

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Old 08-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xGold View Post
That the odds of loosing more than their shirt are 99.99% against them.

....Las Vegas and the horse races give MUCH BETTER odds!
If the odds of "the little guy" winning are 1:10,000 (which I interpret from "99.99% against them"), then wouldn't you simply need to take the opposite side(s) of the trade to have a much greater odds in your favor of winning?

(I know, if you just ignore the troll, he/she/it will go away sooner....sometimes the troublemaker in me can't resist lobbing a few water balloons at the hornet's nest)
Old 08-18-2014, 12:02 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

Haha, thanks troll! I'm surprised it only took one day to write this "free" book. lol.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #10
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
What are the odds he begins the instruction by pulling out a Kiyosaki book?