Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #21
Dryer sheet wannabe

I think owner financing is a great exit strategy for rentals. Glad to hear it worked out so well for you as this is my eventual exit plan as well. Congrats.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Wheeeeee!!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Wheeeeee!!

I'm pleased to report that the last of my buildings is in process of selling in a month & a half & then I am FIRED!!

I sold 2 bldgs last year to my favorite buyer on owner contract/notes - had to use a little creativity to buy down the mortgages.

Then lo & behold a buyer on the last apt bldg came back this year & made me an offer I could live with.....and it will be sold as a Cash Deal!!

So like a square peg in a round hole....Real Estate investing can be a conduit to FIRE --- and then some!

So happy to be ON MY WAY and ARRIVING THERE FINALLY!!

Old 03-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Landlady View Post
I'm pleased to report that the last of my buildings is in process of selling in a month & a half & then I am FIRED!!

I sold 2 bldgs last year to my favorite buyer on owner contract/notes - had to use a little creativity to buy down the mortgages.

Then lo & behold a buyer on the last apt bldg came back this year & made me an offer I could live with.....and it will be sold as a Cash Deal!!
Congrats on reaching the finish line!!

Just out of curiosity....for a little glimmer of financial excitement and fantasizing, what were the terms (down payment and rate) on your seller-financed notes?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooreBonds View Post
Congrats on reaching the finish line!!

Just out of curiosity....for a little glimmer of financial excitement and fantasizing, what were the terms (down payment and rate) on your seller-financed notes?
My terms were rather generous, but that is because I knew the buyer very well & they historically pay very promptly & spend a lot to fix up & improve the properties. In fact I'd love a default...LOL!

Because of that unique and trustworthy relationship, and the fact that there was no realtor commission, I accepted 15% down payment. Very unusual for commercial properties which are typically 25-30% down. My RE attorney actually suggested that this would give me a decent buffer. If there is a default in payments, I can directly take over management & rent collection at the building & foreclosures for non-bank mortgages go thru the courts in 6 mos or less.

However, I did get my PRICE!
On every sale including the cash one, I did.....

Interest rates and other terms are what ever the buyer & seller agree to, but are usually at least 1% above bank mortgage rates.

HTH!