IRA contributions to remain at same levels for 2010

Thanks, i've been wondering about that. Now I just have to decide whether to do a lump sum or DCA. I've always done a lump sum but with the recent volatility of the market maybe DCA is the way to go :confused:

Its a good question for debate. I always go with the January lump sum, as I like to get divys on the full amount all year. Now the fun part...I have to decide what to invest in. Im thinking VTSMX or VFINX :cool:

Its a good question for debate. I always go with the January lump sum, as I like to get divys on the full amount all year. Now the fun part...I have to decide what to invest in. Im thinking VTSMX or VFINX :cool:

I think either of those would be good choices. I personally have been going with VGTSX, which is their total international index fund, because my options for international aren't good in my 401K. My next choice would be VTSMX although i've been thinking about going a little less aggressive. I know some people on here like VWINX (Wellesly), is that good for a ROTH?

I think either of those would be good choices. I personally have been going with VGTSX, which is their total international index fund, because my options for international aren't good in my 401K. My next choice would be VTSMX although i've been thinking about going a little less aggressive. I know some people on here like VWINX (Wellesly), is that good for a ROTH?

Yes. I would definitely want Wellesley in a tax deferred account as it is predominantly bonds.

DD

We do a lump sum, and rebalance at the same time. So we start the year off fully funded and rebalanced (well, theoretically....).

Back
Top Bottom