Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

So overall you had a positive experience with NJ?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #22
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
... the state of New Jersey and the town we lived in can suck it (put your cheeks into it, baby!).
................. This being the swamp that is NJ............ convince the goat-rapers who masquerade as various flavors of inspectors .................All of these *&$*%$^$! had to certify .........(read: gargantuan shake-down)............

Everything you have read about small town NJ corruption and inefficiency is true. And then some.

.......... If I ever meet a building inspector for the town we lived in, it will take a concrete act of will to avoid taking him out back and kicking 9 kinds of sh!t out of him.
Congratulations.

I would respectfully suggest that you need to learn to let out your anger and tell us exactly how you really feel. No need to pull punches or couch your words.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Brewer,
How much time from when you started to think about switching jobs till you close on the house. I am thinking that you accomplished this in a very short time.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Brewer,
Congrats on the escape. Bright side: You'll save the five Christmas cards you were gonna mail to those inspectors.

Now the fun can begin. Mail every city department who inspected you the "payment requested for the attached completed inspection". Send them a registered letter with a cashier's check for $1.98. See how long you can keep the correspondence going with each.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Congratulations - this has been a LONG time coming! And wouldn't you know, major stress up to the end. So happy for you that your are on your new path!

(49, married; DH 53. I am fully retired as of 2015 (well ok, I still work part-time but only because I love the job and have complete freedom to call off if I want to travel with hubby for work), DH hopes to fully retire 2018 when he turns 55 to access 401K penalty-free...although he may decide to do part-time consulting)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
So overall you had a positive experience with NJ?

For you Brew...

Old 09-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Congratulations Brewer on the escape from New Jersey !
Old 09-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets

I am very happy for you. This has got to be a big improvement in your life.

I had always heard NJ would be better named the arm pit of America instead of the garden state. Your comments support that statement.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingB View Post
Brewer,
How much time from when you started to think about switching jobs till you close on the house. I am thinking that you accomplished this in a very short time.
Started the dance with my new employer in April, offer accepted mid May, house on the market Memorial day, closed on new house 7/7, in contract on old house mid July, sold yesterday. Ugh.

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Congrats on having it all behind you. I'm sure you will love CO.