Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-28-2014, 05:10 AM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISP View Post
Their customer is simply looking for someone who can work independently and takes initiative, without being closely supervised.
That's exactly what it means.

It simply suggests: expect no handholding and concrete directions. Very non-german like

In general if you can handle it, they tend to be the best kind of jobs but also rather demanding.

I almost always take it as a positive sign when it's mentioned in a higher level job. For a low to midlevel job it's actually a big minus: company doesn't have itself together, and you get more to handle than you will be paid for.

.. so what does ambiguity mean for you? It depends
Totoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2014, 07:56 AM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Update: I did not get invited for an interview, apparently because of limited experience in one area. Three candidates were shortlisted, and most likely they will decide for one of them, but if not, I might still be in the race. But probably not. We'll see.
RISP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:00 AM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISP View Post
Update: I did not get invited for an interview, apparently because of limited experience in one area. Three candidates were shortlisted, and most likely they will decide for one of them, but if not, I might still be in the race. But probably not. We'll see.
That seems pretty unambiguous. Better luck next time!
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:27 AM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
That seems pretty unambiguous.
Heh, yeah. Seems they are able to communicate quite clearly, after all.
RISP is offline   Reply With Quote