Looking for more pennies in the couch

Marquette

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We had our plan... Move in November/January depending on bonus details and lining up work. We've been building up cash in the mean time. I started a second job to bring even more in.

Well, now, I'm doubting everything. If the economy is lousy, we probably won't be moving (I think I'll be able to work remote for the second job but I'd hate to move into a weak economy). So, I'm sorely tempted as of late to drain the e-fund buffer and throw it in the market. We have about a year of cash built up. If I plowed half of half of that into the market, I'd be able to replenish every penny of that in November or January (long story, funds coming from prior commitment)

I suppose I should stay the course... but geez, I might be stuck in the same situation in January with too much cash.

If the S&P breaks 800, I'm going all-in.

Life is a gamble....good luck young dreamer....

bbbamI...aka the fossil

Marquette, we're asking ourselves the same question. Last night we decided to kick some money into a Vanguard account and then DCA after that. This will slow down our HELOC repayment plan a little bit, but the potential upside is so big we're going for it.

Back
Top Bottom