Milestone

Well, a little more than ten years after I was excited to hit 500k at 46 years of age.........

Just turned 57, planning on checking out about a year from now and we just hit $3 Million in retirement savings. Ten really great years at work in terms of compensation combined with saving/investing.

Just need to finish paying off the house and that should be done in the next year or so.

Woot woot!!!!

Congratulations! We have had a similar trajectory and it definitely feels good! Hope you have an amazing 2024!

Well, a little more than ten years after I was excited to hit 500k at 46 years of age.........Just turned 57, planning on checking out about a year from now and we just hit $3 Million in retirement savings.

Great progress and savings discipline in the last 10 years! Congratulations on being able to see the finish line ahead!

Congrats!! Other than paying off the house, what's the plan from this point forward?

Any targeted retirement date?

Congrats!! Other than paying off the house, what's the plan from this point forward?

Any targeted retirement date?

We have penciled in April 1, 2025 as the day we will retire or stick around and work for a bit longer and pad the nest egg. That will depend on a number of things, mostly how much we are enjoying or not enjoying work. We will both be 58.5 on that day. 60 is a hard stop for sure.

Between now and then, we are working on our health and our house. Want to get any significant remodeling of both complete before we check out.

We have penciled in April 1, 2025 as the day we will retire or stick around and work for a bit longer and pad the nest egg. That will depend on a number of things, mostly how much we are enjoying or not enjoying work. We will both be 58.5 on that day. 60 is a hard stop for sure.

Between now and then, we are working on our health and our house. Want to get any significant remodeling of both complete before we check out.

Great plan! Good that you have a hard stop in there.

Great plan! Good that you have a hard stop in there.

I have focused on retiring at 60 at the very latest for a very long time. We really want to enjoy the "go go" years from 60 to 70 to do some things, assuming we will have to slow down at some point in our 70s.

So, even if things happen and our nest egg shrinks, happy to retire at 60 with less than planned if that's the case. Time has become far important than money now.

I have focused on retiring at 60 at the very latest for a very long time. We really want to enjoy the "go go" years from 60 to 70 to do some things, assuming we will have to slow down at some point in our 70s.

So, even if things happen and our nest egg shrinks, happy to retire at 60 with less than planned if that's the case. Time has become far important than money now.

Even if you retire with less $ than you planned, you can rise to your goal retirement nest egg while retired.

We retired 10 years ago with about half the dough that DW wanted to retire with. We'll probably get to our original planned nest egg amount within a year or 2.

Back
Top Bottom