Milestone

EvrClrx311

Full time employment: Posting here.
Small one, but first that I've really noticed. My retirement accounts just reached a total of a quarter million (about 50K of that is Roth).

$100K felt great, I remember... but $250,000 is different. Just feels like a real step towards that seven digit milestone I've been eying. Starting to see that mark on the horizon. :)

I started contributing 8 years 3 months ago and I turned 31 this year. Have seen a horrific market and managed to stick it out through the recovery. When I started investing I had estimated getting to $1 million around the age of 40-45 (42 in an idealized 11% returning market) but a few years ago that seemed out of reach. Not as much anymore. I realize it's a bit out of my hands now since from this point a larger percentage of my growth will be compounding rather than contributions. Just waiting for the wave that gets me there as I continue to throw aside 25%.

(fwiw, 1 million is not my final destination. I'm planning to work until at least 50... need to keep track of inflation between now and then to really come up with that final number - still is fun to track progress towards these milestones)

Congrats, Evrx311! That's a great milestone for someone who turned 31 this year.

I just turned 37 and I hit the $250K mark too. Although, mine assets includeds 401K, Roth IRA, and cash savings.

Congrats on your first 1/4M! It's a great feeling and your money will be working with you towards your goals!

It seemed like it took forever to get the first $100K. Then $250K came quicker... Seems in line with the proverb about the first $100K (or 1M or what have you) is the hardest. I love compounding interest.

Congratulations on your first quarter million! Keep up the good work!

We hit half a million this summer and are in our mid 30s. I'm very excited for the first million!

Congrats, Evrx311! If I may ask, how much do you have in your non-retirement accounts?

I hit the $250k in my retirement accounts when I was 40, just a few months after my non-retirement accounts also hit the $250k mark. On a combined basis, I had $250k overall when I was 35, so my combined portfolio doubled in 5 years (from 1998-2003).

You are on a good pace there, I hope you can keep it up so you can retire early, at 50 or sooner. :)

Amazing accomplishment, evrclr. You are a quarter-millionaire at a young age!

Cool. Slow and steady wins the race to ER. Not that you are in a race.

Back
Top Bottom