Milestone

segfault

Recycles dryer sheets
With the market up almost 2% today, according to Quicken, my NW broke $500k. I'm sure market volatility will drag it below that milestone at some point, but it's still a good achievement.

Next goal: $500k in liquid investments.

Anyone else hit a milestone today (or this week--I almost hit mine Monday, but not quite)?

We just clicked a far left digit up one today. First time for that number. Was going to go out and celebrate, but the only dinner special time was 4:15, and we aren't quite old enough for dinner at that hour. Instead we'll hit 'em tomorrow at 5:15 for their dinner special. Good thing is that tomorrow being a Saturday Quicken should still be thinking we are above the mark.

With the market up almost 2% today, according to Quicken, my NW broke $500k. I'm sure market volatility will drag it below that milestone at some point, but it's still a good achievement.

Anyone else hit a milestone today (or this week--I almost hit mine Monday, but not quite)?
Congratulations segfault.

congrats on your milestone. I'm not sure what is my next milestone... they are just the next goal you get in your head. I usually use liquid net worth or investable net worth.

things like houses you need to live in... so if you sell them ... you need to replace the function.

Congratulations!

I am close to the same milestone. I am considering forgoing vacations this year to see if I can hit that milestone by the end of the year.

I broke 500 about a year ago. For me, that was a great number, my world view changed and i got much more relaxed about saving, i'm 37.

I'm 100% stock indices, lot of international, and so this last year has had seen a lot of swings below and above 500 as the market had done its thing.

Congrats. It might not be FU money, but it's definitely enough that you can take more risks in your professional life.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Congratulations!

I am close to the same milestone. I am considering forgoing vacations this year to see if I can hit that milestone by the end of the year.

I'd recommend not doing this. As OP [and Dallas27] noted, we all tend to cross and recross milestones as the market fluctuates, and as life occurs; the important thing is the overall trajectory and LBYM mindset. Say you ditch vacation this year to cross 500K and your portfolio declines? Will you ditch vacations again next year?

We should enjoy the entire journey to FIRE, not just the destination. :flowers:

And, OP---CONGRATS!

I'd recommend not doing this.

Yes, I was about to post the same thing. I will take at least one and probably two big vacations this year. I don't care if they cause me to dip below my milestone.

And thanks to everyone for the congratulations!

Congrads on the milestone. They are just numbers but it feels good to reach them!

I have just passed one year of retirement :dance: . More importantly, our portfolio is solid enough that the recent gyrations of the market really haven't caused us any concern. Wish the same for you when you reach the point of retirement!

Congrats!!

One of my final milestones, maxing out my 401K for 2016 is done. I have earned enough that if I quit today, my 401K would have the $24K in it. Already have $23.5K in it, and this weeks pay is enough to max it out.

Unfortunately, it will take two weeks to actually get the paycheck, so I do not count it 100% dome until then.

Congrats!! that's one of my few milestones on the FIRE journey to reach the $500k point in savings + investments. I'm about $60k shy of it, we'll see if I can manage to cross it this year or next. After that probably $750k then $1M.

Last edited:
31 and 300k NW for me. Not life changing but the small snowball is finally starting to take shape!!

Congrats on hitting a milestone.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom