milestone reached!

frugalthirty

Dryer sheet wannabe
We passed the 400K mark today! DW and I are both 32. We're almost one year ahead of our savings goals to reach FI. Only 18 years left!

Congrats, that was big number i recently passed at 35. I know 500 will feel twice as good. Let's race! :)

Very impressive for your young age.

Great going. Keep saving and invest wisely(No individual stocks)….you'll get there sooner than you anticipate.

Thanks. We are invested in broad market ETFs. Pretty aggressive asset allocation. I hope we get there sooner than our goal!

Sounds good Dallas! I'll let you know when we get there.

If the market holds (I probably just jinx'd myself and the market), my next contribution will put me at 450k, halfway to 500. My personal "stretch" goal this year was to hit 500 by the end of the year, but without a big upswing,in the market, I don't see it happening on contributions alone.

I started the year at ~370, so I can't really complain.

Well, after a few months of mixed returns... we're way back at $387,000. We've been contributing more to try and stop the drop in account values, but nothing seems to help. I know prices will go back up eventually, which is why I keep buying now because I'm getting a better deal on the etfs right now. But, it is tough to watch the accounts drop every month...

Just remember it 's not "real" money to you until you need it to buy food and put a roof over your head.

In 2002 our after-tax account dipped to $78K. I remember that number for some reason. It quintupled by 2008, despite being underemployed and underpaid for 3 of the 6 years. Last year we saw a 25% return, so of course that can 't continue. Look at the numbers, but stay the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I know we're ahead of others. We just really want to be FIREd by 50 with plenty of money to travel.

We're almost one year ahead of our savings goals to reach FI.
Good work.

I know we're ahead of others.
Ahead, behind … it really doesn't matter, reaching FIRE is not a competition. Your relative position should not be a motivator, as it could cause you to scale back or even cease your savings (if ahead, "we don't need to"; if behind, "what's the use?").

Oh geez! Market went even lower today! I wish I had some spare cash to invest right now!

Good work.

Ahead, behind … it really doesn't matter, reaching FIRE is not a competition. Your relative position should not be a motivator, as it could cause you to scale back or even cease your savings (if ahead, "we don't need to"; if behind, "what's the use?").

What a great point, Milton. It is a curiousity, for sure -- assessing one's relative position. And I do feel disheartened when I see others are "ahead" of me. But the truth is that it doesn't matter. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

The first 1/2 million is the hardest one...Good work frugalthirty!

-gauss

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

👏👏👏

��������������

Is this an issue with my browser, or are you posting squares?

Back
Top Bottom