Morning Coffee w/Dex (and a photo of me - not a shadow)

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Maybe these photo will help you along the way as you are having your morning coffee in the office.

The first photo is where I stopped for lunch and turned around on my hike up the mountain. I would guess I was at 12K+ feet. I turned around because I wasn't on the trail. It was obscured by the snow and I couldn't find it. As you can see the slope is steep and I really shouldn't have been up that far by myself. But it was a great view from which to enjoy a sandwich.

The second photo in the lower center shows the gulch I had to walk to get to my lunch spot. This is nowhere near the trailhead; just a nice photo of what I was looking at.

One lesson learned - try new things. I hate the cold but I enjoyed this hike and may try more cold weather hiking in the mountains next year. I have some things to learn and things to buy - just like ER.

Finally, a right side- frontal - no shadow - of me - it was cold at that hight.

Attachments

• DSCF1608.JPG
    DSCF1608.JPG
    620.6 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF1610.JPG
    DSCF1610.JPG
    613.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF1614.JPG
    DSCF1614.JPG
    604.5 KB · Views: 30
Dex,
Great photo. Wanted to make sure your neck didn't get cold...

Attachments

• dex3.jpg
    dex3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 14
I don't blame you for not showing your face, best to listen to the Witness Protection folks.........:)

The photos are breathtaking! What a great place for a hike! Way different than the landscape around these parts, that's for sure. Thanks for sharing.

dex, I hesitate to bring up what might be a sensitive subject, but is your lack of a neck an accident of birth?

No, I stuck it out too often in corp. life and...

Thanks again WesternSkies for the concern.

I don't blame you for not showing your face, best to listen to the Witness Protection folks.........:)

ER anyway you can ... no shame in that.

Maybe these photo will help you along the way as you are having your morning coffee in the office.

OK, go ahead...don't just insert the knife...twist it real hard, too...:D

R

OK, go ahead...don't just insert the knife...twist it real hard, too...:D

R

Why? It would appear that he's just freezing his butt off on the side of a mountain. Wouldn't you rather have your hot secretary hand you the coffee in your 95th floor corner office that overlooks the city's skyline?

Why? It would appear that he's just freezing his butt off on the side of a mountain. Wouldn't you rather have your hot secretary hand you the coffee in your 95th floor corner office that overlooks the city's skyline?

Ummm...not hot, and not on the 95th floor...in this case, would rather be freezing my bum off.:cool:

R

Nice photos Dex. I wouldn't mind scraping a little ice off my appendages in order to experience such a stunning view. :)

Nice photos Dex. I wouldn't mind scraping a little ice off my appendages in order to experience such a stunning view. :)

The view of the mountains or the view of Dex?;)

Beautiful mountains...and I love the Santa hat ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom