Pretty good CD rates

charlottebandito

Dryer sheet wannabe
I've liquated my bond funds into my MM to search for a good bank offering decent CD rates for short terms (not 6-10 years!). 

Balances from
$10,000.00 - $99,999.99
TERM           Yield     Rate
3 months   3.01%    2.98%
6 months 3.88%    3.85%
1 year      4.11%    4.05%
18 months 3.39%    3.35%
2 years     3.70%    3.65%
30 months 3.70%    3.65%
3 years      3.75%      3.70%
4 years      3.90%    3.85%
5 years      4.06%      4.00%

Looks like it's FDIC protected, but have never really heard of that bank.  Have you guys heard of them?  Thanks.

Yeah theres a few threads around here. Search for Corus. Havent heard a lot of long term usage stories though.

charlottebandito said:
Looks like it's FDIC protected, but have never really heard of that bank. Have you guys heard of them? Thanks.

I have several short term CDs with them. I putting an additional sum into their 6 months CDs in July so the interest earned will be in 2006 when I'll be in 10% tax bracket.

So can one draw the conclusion from these persistently weak long term cd rates that most banks/cd issuers/bond issuers believe that rates will be falling after a year or two?

I cant find anything longer than 2-3 years that pays well, and we've already got an inverted rate curve in cd's, with bonds looking like they'll flip any day now.

If theres a belief that rates will be falling, then isnt the expectation also that inflation will be a non-factor and the economy will be cooling/slowing?

Could be pretty important for folks who are piling into inflation protected securities or planning long term rate arbitrage between a loan and a cash investment.

Corus has a pretty good reputation, and these are very good rates. You might want to check out www.bestcash cow.com. It is site I recently happened across which has rates on CD, weekly resets, bonds, online bank accounts, etc. and some advice as to the benefits of each.

Back
Top Bottom