Reached the (fake) two comma milestone

Does anyone else do this?

Add all guaranteed sources of income /4*100

To me, it’s equivalent of a portio. Any downfall to this?

Hmm, I guess I'm not following what sources of income divided by 400 gives you?
Oh and I didn't know what a portio was so I googled it and I'm pretty certain it's not what you meant (hint, female part nerves) :LOL:

Congratulations!

Not to make you nervous about the market, but a little history: I hit the two comma milestone in January 2000. The market peaked March 2000, two months later. Fortunately I was gainfully employed so I was able to continue investing.

I hit the 2X mark August 2007. The market peaked October 2007, two months later.

I won't tell you when/if I hit the 3X mark. :angel:

Just saying. :greetings10:

Thanks for the congrats! I know, it's all paper money and a bad day in a stock or real-estate market can easily wipe out a huge chunk. That's OK, I still have time and some dry powder if that happens :)

I just checked the balances today and I've quietly reached the two comma milestone :dance: However, I'm designating it as fake because it includes equity (not value) in the primary residence :blush:

Probably not worth posting about it but since I can't tell anyone in real life a little virtual gloating is in order :)

That is a great milestone. Definitely worth the celebrations!

+1

YAY!!! :dance: :clap:

I think it doesn't matter how you define the two comma threshold, as long as it means something to you.

When I am looking at how many commas I have, I add up my investments at Vanguard and the TSP, plus money in the local bricks 'n' mortar bank that is my spending money for the rest of the year. I don't like including the value of my paid off home because it is hard for me to figure out the exact value at any particular time. I also don't include the amount corresponding to my SS or pension income. That's just my choice. Nothing wrong with defining the "two comma amount" any way you wish AFAIK.

(When I am working out my WR, I don't include that spending money in my local bank, and I also don't include home equity, SS, or pension. )

don't celebrate too long

onward and upward

there is Financial Independence to acquire , yet

best of luck on the way

Congratulations. I just reflected on our 2 comma time back in 2013. We rewarded ourselves with a 2 year hiatus and travelled. Back to building and doing well. Enjoy it (at least a little) while you are young is my motto.

Just sold and downsized and pocketed $100k, so hone equity eventually becomes real to me...

Back
Top Bottom