Semi-retire for a long distance relationship?

The important thing is you won't die wondering if only I had of pursued the option. Even if things did not turn out the way you might have hoped, it sounds like you are in a good place and you can get some type of closure.

The important thing is you won't die wondering if only I had of pursued the option. Even if things did not turn out the way you might have hoped, it sounds like you are in a good place and you can get some type of closure.

I like it, DM. Kind of a "nothing ventured, nothing gained" situation.......:D I went to a HS reunion 3 years ago, and I met up with TWO ex girlfriends. BOY, am I GLAD things didn't work out with us back then.......:eek::p

I like it, DM. Kind of a "nothing ventured, nothing gained" situation.......:D I went to a HS reunion 3 years ago, and I met up with TWO ex girlfriends. BOY, am I GLAD things didn't work out with us back then.......:eek::p

:angel: I suspect that there are a few funny stories there...Yeah, it certainly is good to live your life without regrets but at the same time, know when it is time to move on and dont try to change anybody or make a situation into something that you want!

I do miss her, though:(

The saddest words of tongue or pen
May be perhaps, "It might have been,"
The sweetest words we know, by heck,
Are only these "Enclosed find check!"
- (don't know)

Now looking to just get out more and meet some new people that I have been doing...:D

Here's another hint from an old hand at "meeting new people"... get involved in local politics. Not national or State, but local city, county politics. Lots of good networking, plus it keeps you away from the useless bar scene. In time you can perhaps run for City Council or County Supervisor - and believe me, you have to beat the girls off with a stick :bat:.

I was on the City Council for 4 years and I met more people (particularly smart, pretty women) than I could schedule time to meet!

Here's another hint from an old hand at "meeting new people"... get involved in local politics. Not national or State, but local city, county politics. Lots of good networking, plus it keeps you away from the useless bar scene. In time you can perhaps run for City Council or County Supervisor - and believe me, you have to beat the girls off with a stick :bat:.

I was on the City Council for 4 years and I met more people (particularly smart, pretty women) than I could schedule time to meet!

city council groupees?:D I am not worried about...I already have a few people that I am talking with and know of some other places to hit....No bars....yeah, that is pretty worthless:angel:

Too bad the big election's over, Maddy--you could have found a soulmate at one of the candidates' campaign offices!

If I were a guy looking to meet women I would find a friend who was married to a teacher, preferably an elementary school teacher and let the wife set me up with teacher friends--seems like that field both has more women than men working in it, and doesn't afford much opportunity for the women to meet men.

If I were looking to meet men I would take technical classes at our community college.... or hang out at the driving range....

If I were a guy looking to meet women I would find a friend who was married to a teacher, preferably an elementary school teacher and let the wife set me up with teacher friends--seems like that field both has more women than men working in it, and doesn't afford much opportunity for the women to meet men.

Not to mention they get a pension and awesome health care benefits........:)

I 'd probably try to be introduced to some nurses . They make good money and are usually big at partying to combat the stress of their job .
Plus they give excellent back rubs !

Teachers and nurses, huh? Guess I need to visit more with my neighbors (who only come up on weekends)......she is a nurse (and her sister-in-law is a teacher)...

Teachers and nurses, huh? Guess I need to visit more with my neighbors (who only come up on weekends)......she is a nurse (and her sister-in-law is a teacher)...

Certified Financial statements a must. You don't won't any major liabilities at this stage of the game.;)

I 'd probably try to be introduced to some nurses . They make good money and are usually big at partying to combat the stress of their job .
Plus they give excellent back rubs !

Most of the old girl friends I still think about, even after many years, are nurses. They work hard, party hard, and deal all day and/or night with a very heavy dose of reality. Not a lot of room for affectations.

They seem to be good at seeing what is real about a person, and let him(me) know in a light way they are hip to the sh*t.

Ha

Ah ha, suddenly we hear the voices of experience come out in this forum. Old heartbreaks that never quite made it to the church on time! Nurses are good - I think their knowledge of the human body makes them better lovers. Never had a chance to test drive a teacher, but I can guess after spending all day in a classroom full of kids would drive any woman crazy.... sometimes crazy women are fun (but not good wives).

Having said all that, I still contend that politics is the best way to find a new woman in your life. My good friend ex-President Bill Clinton, who is an expert in his field, confirmed my opinion!

A lot of wisdom on this thread...thanks guys and girls!
bd68

Back
Top Bottom