Share: Age, Salary,profession, Total monthly expense, net worth, and stuff!

Wealth Health

Confused about dryer sheets
I'm a newb and am curious to know how I stack up. Hopefully, this type of thread isn't considered too invasive for a "rook". :D

Income: $102,000/yr
Total monthly expense: $1,756.43
Net worth: $72,453
Stuff: Single, Didn't start 401-K until age 27 :mad:, still a renter, ~$15 K in debt to be paid off within the next 100 days.

Grade: ?

I'll play.

Salary: $68,500, Take home pay is $1250 biweekly
Profession: HR paper pusher, federal government
Expenses: $2,000 - $2,200 per month
Net worth: $267,000
Stuff: renter, own a 27 inch TV, digital camera, computer, printer, 2004 ford taurus, MBA degree

I max out my 401k and roth IRA every year. I have supplemental income of $5,000 a year in interest in dividends which I use to fund my Roth IRA. I've personally earned about $60,000 - $80,000 of my net worth and the rest represents gifts over the last 20 years from parents and grandparents and the earnings I made on those gifts.

Why not, I'm out of the work force June 1 (unless someone offers me a fat contract)

Salary: ~100K - bonus ~20K most years (options, optional)
Expenses: about the same
Position: IT Security
Stuff: House, 2800sf paid for
no other debt

Net Worth: ~4M C$

Why do you care about my position. YOU are responsible for your position. Looks like you're doing OK. Don't stop!!

Income: $235,000/yr with a 7.5% raise on May 1.
Total monthly expense: $12900
Net worth: $9,788,781
Stuff: Mustang Shelby 500 GT, Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition, Dodge Nitro, condo in Las Vegas, condo in Miami, condo in Cape Town, condo in Pamana. Primary house: 5400 square feet on 5 acres. Have current passive income of $450 per day.

Single - no kids or pets. :D

Okay, I'll bite.

Income: ~95k
Profession: Software Developer
Total monthly expense: ~2k
Net worth: 67k
Stuff: Engaged. Had a rocky 401k contribution history since I've changed jobs several times in the last few years. Expenses will double and net worth will drop with the wedding, but this is a long term play :D

PPT said:
Stuff: Mustang Shelby 500 GT, Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition, Dodge Nitro, condo in Las Vegas, condo in Miami, condo in Cape Town, condo in Pamana. Primary house: 5400 square feet on 5 acres. Have current passive income of $450 per day.

Wow. Can I be your pool boy? ;)

Income: $45,000
Profession: Factory machine operator
Expenses: $1000/month, no debt
Net Worth: $75,000
Stuff: renter, small tv, computer, and 2004 Subaru Forester XT with less than 20,000 miles and it's paid off.

Max out 401k and Roth IRA every year.

NinjaPigeon said:
Wow. Can I be your pool boy? ;)

I check and see if one of the condo facilites management is hiring. :LOL:

I refuse to have a pool. Too much work. :-X

Just kidding.

PPT said:

aha! you came to brag!!!

income: few dollars, many stock options
expenses: ~ $500 a month
net worth: ~ $200k
stuff: a bike (the kind you peddle), some DVDs and electronics, a lot of books on IRAs and FIRE topics :D

REWahoo! said:
So it would appear...

After I retire I plan on volunteering full time doing animal rescue. So, I plan to never stop working.

That is what I meant by "never".

I can not have a pet right now because I travel 2-3 weeks a month and it is not fair to board for long periods.

I aplogize if I appear to be bragging. I will not comment on my situation anymore.

Started off on the right foot here, it seems. :-X :-\

Mulgan? :LOL:

PPT said:

Started off? Are you sure you haven't been here before under another name?

I note that noone included the size of their genitalia. C'mon, folks, we need that critical data.

brewer12345 said:
I note that noone included the size of their genitalia. C'mon, folks, we need that critical data.

*splort*

But for the heck of it...

income: More than enough
expenses: about 40% of that
net worth: nicely positive and growing
stuff: 2 cars, off-brand golf clubs, ipod nano, far too many books, a fair number of foodie toys, about 5 computer towers in various states of disassembly/function. (this is what happens when you marry a software developer, ladies...)

PPT said:
After I retire I plan on volunteering full time doing animal rescue. So, I plan to never stop working.

That is what I meant by "never".

Well, "after I retire" would indicate you plan on retiring. ;) And the fact you can do volunteer w*rk full time is usually a dead giveaway that you're retired...at least by how many would define it.

PPT said:

Sure. :)

brewer12345 said:

Or boobie size.

HaHa said:
What if Mom kicks you out?

Ha

Actually I live in the office (small startup)... it's not bad, I have my own closet and it's usually pretty warm since it's directly next to the server room.

Gee guess I'm the old guy.

Income: 107k, 125 or so with bonus
Profession: software/ee guy
Expenses: way too much every month (wife has a horse)
Net Worth: 970k if I count 140k or so in the house
Genitals: seldom used

Misc: Plugged away 10% into 401k pretty much from day 1. Wife was engineer for a while, that helped contribute to networth. own a small laundromat that puts money into a college fund for the 2 daughters.

- John

runchman said:
Net Worth: 970k if I count 140k or so in the house

When I first read this I thougt you said "If I count 140k or so in the horse." I thought, wow, this guy is really an optimist! :)

Ha

Base Salary: .0389% of Assets under management

Bonus: We have good coffee in our office, my commute is 10 minutes, my wife is hotter than I deserve (oh and we get cash too)

Monthly Expenses: About $6,000 after tax

Net Worth: $XXX,121.65 ($XX1,125.01 if I include my Golden Retriever)

Stuff: A fun company car, a nice little toy car for sunny days like yesterday, a decent camera setup (Canon 30D), and a fridge full of good beer.

Genital size: Average (but my wife tells me not to worry)

Boobie size: Probably too big, I need to stop drinking all that beer.

Wow!

Stuff: Boob fetish, Sony Clie, 2003 Acura CL w/Navi (bought used, paid for)

PPT said:
I aplogize if I appear to be bragging. I will not comment on my situation anymore.

As they say... it ain't bragging if you can do it...

I am just to lazy to try and get that kind of income... and of course the net worth... but I am happy with my decisions...

BTW... there are many more people who do a lot better.. just like anything... someone is always better than you (unless you are Tiger Woods and you are talking golf...)...

Salary: 220K
Net Worth: 1.1 Million in stock, 350K in paid-off house
Monthly Expenses: ~4000
Stuff: 2 kids, a couple cats, 3 cars, and a dream of telling Megacorp good-bye... :D

Back
Top Bottom