Join Early Retirement Today
Small successes in spending
Old 09-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.
Small successes in spending

We've canceled cable this year, using online for a tenth the cost, reduced sone over insured cars. We even really reduced our dining expenses this year. But I was floored to learn that i really must be doing something right when my wife INDEPENDENTLY decided it made more sense to NOT upgrade to the new iphone now that our contracts are up. Instead we are going to change the plan rate, down 40 bucks a month, and get more data in the plan to boot!.

She's had a new phone every time, bought me my first phone ever(always too cheap and used the companies). She's a gadget of the month type person, pedometers, things like that.

But wow. I must be getting through. Don't ask me what my secret is, cause i surely don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

dallas27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Good work. We just still keep chipping away at lowering our unnecessary expenses, especially the recurring costs. All the little stuff added up cut years off our ER date.

DH is down to basic cable on one TV now, plus Netflix, Prime and free Hulu, down from $100+ a month cable TV bills with HD and hundreds of channels no one ever watched. We did have Hulu Plus, too. I canceled that and instead they gave me another month free, but I wrote in my calendar to call again in 1 month to cancel for good.

daylatedollarshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
"Keep up with the Jones -- Keep working like the Jones...."
gauss is offline   Reply With Quote